Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crispy started it: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=585616

Who has MLK Day off from work?

Be at the Pima Canyon north ramada at 9AM on Monday for a full day on South Mountain. For this 28+ mile ride, be prepared with lots of snacks and a minimum of 100 oz of water. For these long rides, I like to have a waterbottle with Perpetuem and a lunch of real food. I will leave some H2O jugs at the "Y" for a water refill on the return trip. Armor is recommended!

We will take National east to west to where it hits the Sans Juan road (14ish miles). Once on the west side of National, everyone can take inventory and return by one of the following routes:

(1) If you've had enough... San Juan road and north to Central - take canals and Baseline around to Pima Canyon.
(2) If you want more... Roads up Buena Vista, then back on National, Corona Loma, or Old Man's Trail (Viejo).
(3) If you want lots more... Return on Bajada (or road) - up Ranger - down Mine Drop (the Fuzz) and back on super secret trails with return to Pima Canyon on Desert Classic with a detour up Goat Trail to the Helipad.

This ride is open to all. Pace will be moderate and will be DG-style with do-over photo ops. If you're in for the full-meal deal, expect to be on the mtn for 6+ hours. If you lag too far behind, you will be expected to volunteer to find your own way back. Here's a good map of the mountain to print up and put in your pack:

http://www.singletrack.us/gallery/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=14

Who's in?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Sounds fun, I did a short version of this about a week ago. Up 24th Street to National, National to Ranger, down Ranger to Central, canals/streets back to 24th Street.

Can't on Monday tho, have fun.

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
I would love to but last weekned my knee found a rock on National that ended up being much harder than my patella. ( did somebdy say ARMOR ) Still pain and swelling so I have to sit the weekend out. :mad:

Have a great ride !

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
oooh, how i'd love to join for the full meal deal but two things are keeping me from it:
- big boy Dane is kaput, and
- i'd have to be the first volunteer to find my way back from the end of the service road/entrance to national. :D :D

y'all have a blast out there, and DG: no crashing!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'll be there, DG. Looks like it's gonna be a small group. We will be thinking about the rest of you slaving away at work!

·
user-created
3,174 Posts
Meeting where now? At the Ramada??

The trailhead for Desert Classic and National right? With the golf course and gaudy houses?

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
singletrack said:
Meeting where now? At the Ramada??

The trailhead for Desert Classic and National right? With the golf course and gaudy houses?
Yes! That's the place. The north ramada is the shelter closest to the outhouse. Be there at 9AM. I'm hoping it doesn't rain on us. If it's pouring in the morning, I'm out. But if not... I'll be there with the rain jacket packed in the Camelbak. Hope to see you tomorrow :)

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
I'm in if there is no initial rain at least for a portion of this sufferfest. Once we get to telegraph, I might call it and go home.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NMPhi767 said:
I'm in if there is no initial rain at least for a portion of this sufferfest. Once we get to telegraph, I might call it and go home.
Great!! Joey also said he might show up for the fun. I think we'll have a good crew and of course anyone is welcome to peel off or charge ahead at any time. Ack! I just remembered that I was going to stash water... and change out the fork on the Beshemoth. Good thing I'm taking today off from riding :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the weather cooperates, I'm in. Not for the full meal deal, though--I'm just not in that kind of shape. I'll be lucky to hang until the antenna towers on the way up.

-Jeff

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
So what is the word DG? Are we still doing this or are we calling it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
DurtGurl said:
RAIN DELAY!!!!

Well shoot.... It's 51 degrees, raining, and the big green radar blob is strung out to the west and heading our way. Let's reschedule for a NOON start. But if it's still raining then, no ride :(

I like noon'ers:D ......thinking bout it....its just this yellow robe and my house sleepers are so nice and warm and DRY. I will be thinking of you as I watch my chick flicks:cool:

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SSG said:
I like noon'ers:D ......thinking bout it....its just this yellow robe and my house sleepers are so nice and warm and DRY. I will be thinking of you as I watch my chick flicks:cool:
I'm thinking projects... naps.... hang out in the boflex room a bit... grill that pork loin in the frig later... maybe some couch/TV time... all that stuff I never have time to do.

Surely some bike shop around here has Manitou 32mm seals - time to rehaul the Minute 29er. Darn it tho if I didn't wash the 10% off card that Joey gave me for going along on a Cactus ride.

·
Registered
23 Posts
DurtGurl said:
I'm thinking projects... naps.... hang out in the boflex room a bit... grill that pork loin in the frig later... maybe some couch/TV time... all that stuff I never have time to do.

Surely some bike shop around here has Manitou 32mm seals - time to rehaul the Minute 29er. Darn it tho if I didn't wash the 10% off card that Joey gave me for going along on a Cactus ride.

We normaly have those seals at the shop...I will check on those 2morow if you like.
Thats kinda funny, so you get 10% off card for going on a ride.....I didnt even know:skep:

ooppss,ok, its been a hour of rain and I hear the first fire truck, people out here have no idea how to drive in any other weather than clear and sunny...:madman:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts