Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumping myself!

No takers so far...

If I wake up and feel ambitious, I will try Goat Camp. Will go the XC route if by myself, but would do the DH if I have company.

Or if I stay east-side I'll do any of:
Bulldog Canyon
4 Peaks Rd
Tortilla Flats

whatever, it will be a good day with a lot of climbing. Would enjoy company!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I may be in.. I actually have the day off this year for the first time in...ever!
I live in S. Chnadler so I'm not sure I want to spend over an hour each way to go ride Monday at GC though... How about Hawes? It's been a few years since I've been out that way....

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hawes is my backdoor, I want to do something a little more uncommon for me with the whole day off. Would be happy to meet up another time if you are interested, its a great night ride since its not too technical?

G

·
"Goat MLK"

I might be down for a Goat MLK ride. I'm kinda slow, I've done the XC twice now so I know what I'm geting into.

chollaball said:
No takers so far...

If I wake up and feel ambitious, I will try Goat Camp. Will go the XC route if by myself, but would do the DH if I have company.

Or if I stay east-side I'll do any of:
Bulldog Canyon
4 Peaks Rd
Tortilla Flats

whatever, it will be a good day with a lot of climbing. Would enjoy company!

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CrazyEye said:
I might be down for a Goat MLK ride. I'm kinda slow, I've done the XC twice now so I know what I'm geting into.
I dont mind if we have different paces. I'm a bit above-average climbing speed, but probably average on the downs. Capable but average on the technical downs. Its all good with me if it is w. you. Better than being alone in new terrain. :cool:

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm coming from EBF Mesa, probably an hour to get there. Its about 3-4 hrs on the trail? How is 9:30? earlier, later? Also, is there anywhere to park where we can ride in and just pay the $1 use fee (no biggie, but that's my gas mo-nay).

·
Registered
48 Posts
For those of us new to the Phoenix area....what is Goat camp?

Is it a DH trail? Very technical?

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
AZDirtGurl said:
For those of us new to the Phoenix area....what is Goat camp?

Is it a DH trail? Very technical?
It is very technical. The climb is okay and you don't have to do the DH, but if you do, it is tough.

I think I would like to go on this ride. I do not have much experience on this trail and I need to expand my horizons beyond National a little. What time?

·
Registered
204 Posts
What Time?

Heading to White Tanks tomorrow, Sun Jan 14, from Utah and planning to ride Goat Camp XC on Mon. Would like to hook up with you for the ride and will watch this thread today in hopes a start time and meeting place is established.

Craig

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Start time - 9:30?

What do you guys think about 9:30? I've never done this trail, am coming from east Mesa, so I'm likely not the best one to take charge :eekster:

·
Registered
204 Posts
9:30 works for me. Map by epicrider http://www.singletrack.us/gallery/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=1
shows the start for the Goat Camp loop at the picnic area on Black Canyon Dr right after you enter the park on the left. I'll be staying at the campground which is the black closed loop on the northeast corner of the map. Will you be taking his route up the Ford trail to Waddell and Mesquite? This route passes right by the campground. Or will head west on the Mesquite trail? So if possible, let me know where you plan to start and what route you'll start out on.

Thanks - Craig

G

·
cstuttle said:
9:30 works for me. Map by epicrider http://www.singletrack.us/gallery/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=1
shows the start for the Goat Camp loop at the picnic area on Black Canyon Dr right after you enter the park on the left. I'll be staying at the campground which is the black closed loop on the northeast corner of the map. Will you be taking his route up the Ford trail to Waddell and Mesquite? This route passes right by the campground. Or will head west on the Mesquite trail? So if possible, let me know where you plan to start and what route you'll start out on.

Thanks - Craig
I've started at Mesquite both times I've done it. Bring at least 100 oz. and a couple snacks. It's a long, long climb. I just do the XC and the ride down is great long and fast.

9:30 should work for me. I think it was close to 4 hours last time I road it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Where to Meet?

I will most likely do and out and back, the XC version. But for those doing the loop they may want to start at the end of the Goat Camp South trail so they don't have to do the road after the ride. Chollaball and others, what do you think? I'll be taking off tomorrow early for White Tanks and won't be able to check posts after that, so if there isn't an agreed upon meeting spot I'll just try to find you on the Mesquite trail going up.

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,981 Posts
I'm out. I decided that I needed to vary my exercise regimen and ran up to the top of Piestawa Peak and then back down today. Needless to say, my non-runners legs are feeing like Jello. I am quite sure pedaling is out for tomorrow. Have fun!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.