Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple shots of the ML2 in its element. The trail is Desert Classic at South Mountain In Phoenix. The trail is a little tame for the ML2. Second ride on the ML2 - even more impressed with the RP23, less impressed with the Push'd TALAS. The Push'd TALAS is not that responsive to the low speed small bumps. Hopefully, the fork just needs to be "broken in".

Attachments

· Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,821 Posts
Trees? Mud? Rain? Clouds?

Where's the shade? What do you lean up against when you stop? Does the black ano get too hot to touch? How would you get the mud covered look we all enjoy here in the East right now?
Just wondering.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shade - Does not exist down here in Phoenix. You have to go northern Arizona for shade. During the summer the bikes get hot - the frame welds melt and you are left with a bunch of aluminum tubes.

· GASing
508 Posts
:D Looks great! I really need to do some riding down there. I go down to Tucson to visit my family, but never brought my bike. Looks like there are some great rides around there posted in the trails section.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The riding in Phoenix is pretty nice - I live by South Mountain so spend alot of time on the trails at SM. This time of year is real nice to ride. Although it has been a cool winter for Phoenix. Summer definitely early morning or at dusk. Also do more night riding during the summer.

· Ti is addictive
2,892 Posts
Geez.....Welcome back AM and Crisillo and happy new year, and it took less then a hour back to derail a great thread......Sorry JTBAZ.........Still want a comparison of the old vs new rear!!!!!

· Super Moderator
20,745 Posts
TiEndo said:
Geez.....Welcome back AM and Crisillo and happy new year, and it took less then a hour back to derail a great thread......Sorry JTBAZ.........Still want a comparison of the old vs new rear!!!!!
Thanks!

Well.. I did try to place a "offtopic" html label, but the forum software doesn't show it :p

· Registered
6,207 Posts
TiEndo said:
Derailment is my specialty....

Titus makes big claims that the ML2 rear is stiffer. Maybe it really is ...

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AM - After two rides I would say ML2 is a little stiffer than the ML. The ML was a very stiff bike to begin with I was not expecting a huge difference. It is a little lighter as well. The biggest difference for me has been the RP3 vs the RP23. I was not expecting much of a difference but I have been very surprised at the plushness of the RP23 when it is not in the pro-pedal mode. Overall, so far I am very pleased with the ML2. The only component that I am not impressed with is the Push'd TALAS. It is not responsive to small bumps at low speed. However, I am still dialing in the fork . . .

· Registered
6,207 Posts
Thanks. Great to hear the new rear is stiffer. Yeah the RP23 with PP in off position is a huge improvement.

JTBAZ said:
AM - After two rides I would say ML2 is a little stiffer than the ML. The ML was a very stiff bike to begin with I was not expecting a huge difference. It is a little lighter as well. The biggest difference for me has been the RP3 vs the RP23. I was not expecting much of a difference but I have been very surprised at the plushness of the RP23 when it is not in the pro-pedal mode. Overall, so far I am very pleased with the ML2. The only component that I am not impressed with is the Push'd TALAS. It is not responsive to small bumps at low speed. However, I am still dialing in the fork . . .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.