Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm starting to think that its worth taking the gamble on a Iron Horse MKiii at the prices they are offered at this weekend. I will be buying a complete bike and selling all the components except the rear shock and building it up with parts from my current hardtail. So I have 2 questions.

1. This is a bit of a stretch to ask, but anyone know which model is the best value. Obviously the trail is the cheapest but maybe the components on another model are more valuable and I would make more money back when I sell them off, thus lowering the cost of the frame for me..

2. this is the big one. the trail has a manitou radium rear shock and the trail has a fox float R. Is it worth spending more money for the fox? I've had good luck with manitou forks but no experience with the shocks. I weigh 200lbs and will be using it as a trail bike. Is there a noticeable difference between the radium and the float r?

thanks!

·
Registered
510 Posts
dascro said:
Hi,

I'm starting to think that its worth taking the gamble on a Iron Horse MKiii at the prices they are offered at this weekend. I will be buying a complete bike and selling all the components except the rear shock and building it up with parts from my current hardtail. So I have 2 questions.

1. This is a bit of a stretch to ask, but anyone know which model is the best value. Obviously the trail is the cheapest but maybe the components on another model are more valuable and I would make more money back when I sell them off, thus lowering the cost of the frame for me..

2. this is the big one. the trail has a manitou radium rear shock and the trail has a fox float R. Is it worth spending more money for the fox? I've had good luck with manitou forks but no experience with the shocks. I weigh 200lbs and will be using it as a trail bike. Is there a noticeable difference between the radium and the float r?

thanks!
You will not be able to get anything for the parts off the Trail. They are dirt cheap and work great, but not an upgrade to anyone. Get the one with XT parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.