Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking at a LOT of bikes, in search of my first full suspension. i really like the mkiii, expecialy with the extra 25% off. i guess my question is how foes it climb with the 130mm fork? cause i like the expert trim, but if it wanders on the climbs i would go for the comp and slap a talas/revelation on it. any and all input would be great. also any suggestions on frame size would be cool, im 5'10.5" with a 30" inseam, im all torso.

thanks!!!

·
Advanced Slacker
15,569 Posts
bcf811 said:
ive been looking at a LOT of bikes, in search of my first full suspension. i really like the mkiii, expecialy with the extra 25% off. i guess my question is how foes it climb with the 130mm fork? cause i like the expert trim, but if it wanders on the climbs i would go for the comp and slap a talas/revelation on it. any and all input would be great. also any suggestions on frame size would be cool, im 5'10.5" with a 30" inseam, im all torso.

thanks!!!
I've owned a Santa Cruz Superlight, Heckler, Azonic Saber (FSR/Horst Link design) and now an MKIII. The MKIII is easily the best climber regardless of the fork. Like any other bike, it will climb better with a shorter fork, but even at 140mm, I find the MKIII climbs wonderfully. I usually run it around 125mm unless I'm looking at a long DH section ahead. The DW-Link is really an amazing design, one of the few things I have found in biking that lives up to the hype.

As far as sizing goes, I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam, so I feel your pain when it comes to sizing. Mediums are often too short in the top tube, larges leave no standover. I find the 19" fits me perfectly. I run a 70mm stem (I may try a tad longer) and a straight seat post The top tube design allows for enough standover height for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.