Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2006 MK III. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they could share? I am interested in the recommended sag for the suspension (not the obligatory 20 pages of warnings and such).

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
dabe said:
I just picked up a 2006 MK III. Does anyone have a copy of the manual they could share? I am interested in the recommended sag for the suspension (not the obligatory 20 pages of warnings and such).
My recollection is that it's a fairly generic manual. So, yes, there are the 20 pages or so that warn you that bike riding is dangerous, etc. I don't remember if there was any specific bike setup information in it or not. (I just checked the file folder for my MkIII, but didn't see a manual. Not sure where it might be.)

In any case, for the MkIII, you should aim for 30-33% sag for the rear. I shoot for somewhat less than that (25-30%) for the fork.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! That will get me started!

KevinB said:
My recollection is that it's a fairly generic manual. So, yes, there are the 20 pages or so that warn you that bike riding is dangerous, etc. I don't remember if there was any specific bike setup information in it or not. (I just checked the file folder for my MkIII, but didn't see a manual. Not sure where it might be.)

In any case, for the MkIII, you should aim for 30-33% sag for the rear. I shoot for somewhat less than that (25-30%) for the fork.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, I agree with the sag figures above,25-30% front and rear, there's plenty of squish to float around in...I didn't get any sag recommendation in the manual...just had fun playing with the pressures...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.