Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Miyata Path Winder from the late 80's early 90's. I have been riding the bike for two years, and love it! I have been trying to find out anything I can about the bike with not very much luck. this is the Japan Miyata, not the Dutch Miyata. Anyone have any information?

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
klatu said:
I have a Miyata Path Winder from the late 80's early 90's. I have been riding the bike for two years, and love it! I have been trying to find out anything I can about the bike with not very much luck. this is the Japan Miyata, not the Dutch Miyata. Anyone have any information?
I have a Miyata Path Runner. Is yours the same bike? I'm unsure of the exact year of mine but it appears to be mid to late 80s. It's a very good quality frame and a great riding bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
676 Posts
My 2 steel eighties euro Miyatas:

1988 Koga Miyata ValleyRunner

1989 Koga Miyata RidgeRunner. Picked up recently and it will be completely restored.

I do not know the Miyata Path Winder, but that could very well be because I am in Europe. Pics would help, as a description of details and decals will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't think they are the same. Mine is a Path Winder, built in Japan. All Shimano equipped (cantilever brakes, derailleur, shift levers, brake levers) Tried to post photo, but unable for some reason. Bike is red with yellow decals and cables. Also have a Blackburn rack (yellow), and a Brooks B17 saddle. I think that this bike is GREAT ! A very responsive, smooth ride. I have never seen another one in my area. (Minneapolis, St. Paul)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts