Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you don't care but I really am stoked about this one. Finally got the Rolf wheelset and the bashguard, now I'm looking for blue anodidized pedal cages:thumbsup: ..then I'll be done...for a while. It rides really nice, 22 1/2 pounds, not a lightweight but not bad. This one is probably a keeper. The pictures don't do it justice, it literally sparkles!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I like it. Kind of a Smurf theme.:thumbsup: :eekster:

When I saw about blue pedals one thing snapped in to my mind. Odyssey. I wandered over to the bay and came up with these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ODYSSEY-JIM-CIE...0QQihZ001QQcategoryZ56190QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oldschool-BMX-P...1QQihZ010QQcategoryZ56197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But the ones I was thinking of specifically were the ones that looked alot like Suntour XC Pro pedals as they also came in flavors, and blue was one of them. There is bound to be a set out there somewhere as they made a bunch of them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Built4Speed said:
I care and I like it! Where'd you get the chain?
Its a bmx chain, you can get them in lots of colours. Pink, purple, green, red, blue, gold, etc.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
stan4bikes said:
I know most of you don't care but I really am stoked about this one. Finally got the Rolf wheelset and the bashguard, now I'm looking for blue anodidized pedal cages:thumbsup: ..then I'll be done...for a while. It rides really nice, 22 1/2 pounds, not a lightweight but not bad. This one is probably a keeper. The pictures don't do it justice, it literally sparkles!
Very cool and I have the blue balls to go with it. Oh, did I type that out loud? :eekster:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what?

Elevation12 said:
Aesthicly very pleasing bike Stan. Maybe could add an extra touch of class by going for a Cattlehead or ATAC. Ringle cage?
I'm sorry but I'm not sure what Cattlehead or ATAC refers to:confused: ? the stem? if so, yeah I agree and am working on that:thumbsup: .... and Ringle Cage:confused: ? water bottle holder I think? I'm thinkin carbon:thumbsup: !

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Stan4, looking at your ride I realized that your frame is the elevation 12000. I had a 1991 10000 and only the front triangle is carbon fibre. The rear triangle was all aluminum. Btw that bike of yours is really sweet!

Drew

·
Registered
676 Posts
dru said:
Stan4, looking at your ride I realized that your frame is the elevation 12000. I had a 1991 10000 and only the front triangle is carbon fibre. The rear triangle was all aluminum. Btw that bike of yours is really sweet!

Drew
Hi Drew,

1991 was 2nd year for the 1st generation bonded/bolted frame. Your frame indeed had a aluminium rear end. Below a pic of 1991 bonded frame, but now with carbon front and steel(!) rear (never been available in the US) =>

Your frame must have looked very much like that if your bike was really 1991.

Stan's bike is a 2nd gen bonded/bolted frame. It is more svelte looking, it has a monostay etc. Stan's bike is an Elevation 10,000. A frame of this generation with carbon front and alu rear was called Elevation 7,000. Review Elev7k

Miyata Elevation 12,000 was the designation for the full suspension model Foreground, still busy with building, hope to have finished soon

- Melvin

·
Registered
978 Posts
stan4bikes said:
Great looking bike Stan,
can you tell me what is this tensioner you have on it and if it can work in push up position ?
Thanx,

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
poppy said:
Great looking bike Stan,
can you tell me what is this tensioner you have on it and if it can work in push up position ?
Thanx,
If I'm not mistaken, thats the same tensioner I have and its a generic type Pyramid I think. It does not work in push up position, but can be modified to do so.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
beautiful bike!

Elevation12 said:
Hi Drew,

1991 was 2nd year for the 1st generation bonded/bolted frame. Your frame indeed had a aluminium rear end. Below a pic of 1991 bonded frame, but now with carbon front and steel(!) rear (never been available in the US) =>

Your frame must have looked very much like that if your bike was really 1991.

Stan's bike is a 2nd gen bonded/bolted frame. It is more svelte looking, it has a monostay etc. Stan's bike is an Elevation 10,000. A frame of this generation with carbon front and alu rear was called Elevation 7,000. Review Elev7k

Miyata Elevation 12,000 was the designation for the full suspension model Foreground, still busy with building, hope to have finished soon

- Melvin
Melvin, is that one yours? It is absolutely beautiful.:thumbsup: I can see why you like Miyatas, it would be easy to get hooked..thanx for sharing...Stan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.