Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it's ok to mix Magura mineral brake fluid with Shimano's? I'm guessing it is. I got some 755 4 pots to replace my Louise FRs, and I have Magura Blood out the wazoo.

_MK

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PVD, your wiki doesn't spec the properties of the Magura Blood?

I did the bleed yesterday. This was my first time bleeding the XT755s. I've gotta say these are the easiest brakes I've ever bled. I made good use of the Magura bleed kit.

The instructions on Park's website make it seem like an ordeal, I simply opened up the bleed nut about a turn, with a hose and syringe attached and opened up the reservoir cap. I let all the fluid drain into the syringe, then added some Magura blood to the reservoir and sucked that through the system with the syringe, to flush out Shimano fluid. Then, I attached a fresh syringe to the bleed nut with a hose, filled with fresh Magura blood and filled the entire system from there. Super simple.

And I did notice the Shimano mineral oil to be substantially thicker. It might be due to age, who knows. The brakes are really responsive and very strong.

Cheers.

_MK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.