Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm working on a project that will have some third person and helmet cam shots that will be HD (1280 x 720) resolution. The final project will also be 1280x720. However, some of the "on-bike" shots will be done with a GoPro Wide and as well as a VIO POV.

Is there any way to split up the screen (in the final product) and have one (lower resolution) video playing on one side and another playing on the other? That way I don't have to "blow up" the lower resolution video to match the width of the hd video. This split screen double camera view would only be put in here and there, not the whole video. it may be a cool effect.

Can I do this in vegas, or do I need a mac?

Thanks,
Bri

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Software, not hardware

You just need software that does that, not a new computer. Both Pete and MTBBill use Windows software. I don't know enough about Vegas (or which version you have) to answer your question. But most non-beginner software does what you want. So I bet your software will do it. I did a Google search for "Vegas video" "split screen" and got many hits, including video tutorials on YouTube.

It sounds like you are really getting into video production with that new Canon camcorder so you may want to consider getting higher level software. On Windows I'd suggest either Adobe Premier Pro or Vegas Pro. Both have free trials you can download and try. My old software, Ulead Media Studio Pro 8.0 (which was great), does not work on my new 64 bit system. So I am trying to decide between those two programs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.