Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a medium Mixer Trail, which was set at the shorter travel setting when I got it (5.5", I believe). I'm thinking of trying the longer travel setting, mostly for grins.

Has anyone tried the different settings and can comment on the difference in feel?

I've got a Cane Creek DBAir Inline shock, which is working well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't have my mixer yet but on both my previous FXR's I switched to the longer travel setting and it felt more plush and and just all around worked better. I will run the new mixer in its longer travel mode as well.
Just try it out as think you will not go back as long as your fork travel setting matches the rear.
Good luck and report back your impressions.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fxr man, you are right! Felt more linear and plush without bobbing or wallowing. Even feels more springy, and I'm taking off on every jump and lip. Awesome option on a great design - bravo Foes!

You will love it on your Mixer! Cheers,

E

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious to what length stem your using as well as bar width and rise..?
Running an 80mm, 0 degree Thomson stem. Bars are Syntace Vector carbon riser bar (don't know the specs off the top of my head, but whatever that one comes with).

I think this bike wants to be ridden with some weight over the front wheel. Of course, it all depends on your torso and arm length, but I wouldn't immediately go super short on the stem. YMMV...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts