Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm reaching on this one....

i know they make a hitch for the newer model Mit Eclipses (2006+) but I never saw a photo of one installed.
Any owners using one to cart their DH bike?
I may buy one of these cars...and of course I need to know if I can transport my bikes!
 

·
I heart the drops
Joined
·
1,105 Posts
I don't have an eclipse but I do have a cougar which is also a small car with a hitch. Make sure the rack you get has a lift so it doesn't scrape the ground when pulling out of parking lots.
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire


Bicycle accessory Automotive exterior Line Glass Metal


Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Mode of transport Land vehicle


Tire Wheel Mode of transport Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim


Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle part Rim Spoke
 

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
freeriderB said:
I know I'm reaching on this one....

i know they make a hitch for the newer model Mit Eclipses (2006+) but I never saw a photo of one installed.
Any owners using one to cart their DH bike?
I may buy one of these cars...and of course I need to know if I can transport my bikes!
Are you talking Gen 1, 2 or 3? I ran a roof rack on my 97 GSX (Gen 2). Draw Tite doesn't show a compatible hitch for it, and I think towing is a no-no. I know you're not gonna tow, but it drives whether they make a hitch or not that will fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eclipse

Swell Guy said:
Are you talking Gen 1, 2 or 3? I ran a roof rack on my 97 GSX (Gen 2). Draw Tite doesn't show a compatible hitch for it, and I think towing is a no-no. I know you're not gonna tow, but it drives whether they make a hitch or not that will fit.
I would assume a Gen 3 since it's the new body style (2006).
I'm not really familiar with these cars, but there IS a hitch listed online for the exact year, make, and model.
I'm just wondering where the heck you would drill....and who would do it for me.
 

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
freeriderB said:
I would assume a Gen 3 since it's the new body style (2006).
I'm not really familiar with these cars, but there IS a hitch listed online for the exact year, make, and model.
I'm just wondering where the heck you would drill....and who would do it for me.
'06 is actually Gen 4. Not sure who would do the install, but if there's a hitch listed you should be in luck. They are usually designed as a bolt-up so that no drilling or other mods to the car has to be done to avoid compromising the structural integrity of the bumper, so you're probably OK. Most trailer/hitch companies can do the install. Even U-haul does installs of Draw-tite hitches.

But no, sorry, don't have pics or experience. My only experience is with Gen 1 and 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found this online...I believe it is Curt MFG hitches

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse All
Product #11293 Details
CLASS 1 & 2 HITCH
UPC: 612314112937
Product # 11293
Price Code 53
Install Time 60 Minutes
WC/TW 2000/200
WD/TW n/a
Drilling Required Yes
Main Body Concealed
CURT Manufacturing Notes:
Instruction Sheet 11293

looks like it would be possible...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,171 Posts
freeriderB said:
I know I'm reaching on this one....

i know they make a hitch for the newer model Mit Eclipses (2006+) but I never saw a photo of one installed.
Any owners using one to cart their DH bike?
I may buy one of these cars...and of course I need to know if I can transport my bikes!
The hitch
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top