Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Approximately 400 pounts of marijuana were found in the trailer and at Canori's house.
Cue all the "Leave Missy alone!" people who think she should get a free pass just because she's a mountain biker and they think she's one of us.

400 ****ing pounds? She should have been more careful with whatever money she made throughout her career. I wouldn't be surprised if this turned into "look at how society treats its champions (and openly gay crusaders!)!" case in public opinion.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
theres a HUGE difference between the guy who buys a few bags of pot every now and then to get wasted with his friends, and the scum of the earth traffickers who exchange truckloads of pot for briefcases of money.

·
should know better.....
749 Posts
400 pounds???!!! She's going away. That is large scale dealing.
What is it with ex DH'rs and pot? Remember Miles Rockwell? He had a house fully rigged for hydroponics as I recall.

·
Registered
875 Posts
tomsmoto said:
theres a HUGE difference between the guy who buys a few bags of pot every now and then to get wasted with his friends, and the scum of the earth traffickers who exchange truckloads of pot for briefcases of money.
Shirley you can't be serious with that statement?
We all would have to grow our own if people weren't willing to exchange truckloads of pot for money. If it were legal, this asinine crap wouldn't be happening.

Because we all know how dangerous pot is, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
She propelled herself to the top of the mountain bike downhill circuit.

She made a turn somewhere along the way, it was her choice.

Now she will go to prison.

When she gets out and she could start doing different things with her life.
Hopefully put back to the sport somehow.

New York law is not so nice for stuff like this...

·
Locs on Spokez
1,905 Posts
Shitty deal...

And yet at this very moment there are people trafficking ****-tons of coke and meth and they're getting away with it...

F the gov

·
gefiltephish
98 Posts
what shitty news.... both b/c Missy is a beast rider who was not afraid to be herself and brought great exposure to our sport and b/c I bet that was 400 lbs of some good ganjaleaf.... I'm sure she knew the risk tho- 400 lbs would still be bad, even in decriminalized zones like Cali and Massachussetts. If the gov't were to legalize and tax it at $50/oz, here stash could have taken over $300,000 off our nat'l debt. More food for thought- an NFL player hits and kills a pedestrian whilst driving drunk and gets 30 days in jail..... Missy gets caught with 400 lbs of some glorious green foliage, and gets ?????

Time for a change...

·
Registered
229 Posts
"Drug trafficking can lead you downhill fast," Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent John Gilbride said.

Wow. What a clever guy. He was just waiting for a chance to use that line.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i hope this doesn't affect my re- up??

·
Registered
317 Posts
rmb_mike said:
Shirley you can't be serious with that statement?
We all would have to grow our own if people weren't willing to exchange truckloads of pot for money. If it were legal, this asinine crap wouldn't be happening.

Because we all know how dangerous pot is, right? :rolleyes:
Doesn't matter. She did what she did or at least it looks that way. I'm not anti-pot. Hell, I used to smoke about an ounce and a half a week so I have no room to be anti-pot or to hate on people who like to partake but the fact of the matter is that what she is being accused of is illegal for the time being and she made a stupid choice. She has to deal with the consequences. I think it's sad not just for her but for anyone with similiar circumstances. Yes, you're right, the whole thing is asinine but for her it's irrelevant at this point and in her legal case it always will be.

·
Registered
167 Posts
In perspective though, in LA there are about 600 medical marijuana clubs.
Each one of them has a few pounds inside.
Some clubs are selling upwards of 5 pounds a day.

She could have offloaded 400 pounds in Cali a lot more safely.

R

·
0 Posts
Masher said:
She could have offloaded 400 pounds in Cali a lot more safely.
400 pounds of weed come across the border in Southern California every fifteen minutes.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
tomsmoto said:
What's the difference?

·
Registered
252 Posts
To do list:

Get fast - CHECK
Be loud and recognizable - CHECK
Get on Late Night so MILLIONS OF PEOPLE CAN F'N RECOGNIZE ME!!!! - CHECK

I cannot even go on with this...

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
ikarus189 said:
"Drug trafficking can lead you downhill fast," Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent John Gilbride said.

Wow. What a clever guy. He was just waiting for a chance to use that line.

Yeah, wonder how long it took him to come up with that gem. Regardless, what Missy did is dumb, but 40 years? It sounds like her career is pretty washed up at this point... kind of a shame. Those who think she made fat stacks of cash in her pro days are probably over-estimating how much the pros really make. Maybe back in the NORBA days she may have done well but virtually nobody can afford to exlusively ride for money. It's not like she's a rapper or NFL star who just threw all her money away on Ferraris and gold chains :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
and that why you get illegals to transport your drugs for you, so you dont run into this. sucks to be her hope there is a good lawyer out there maybe get her off on a technicality.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts