Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to the area and want to continue to ride my enduro/trail bike despite not living out west anymore.
What are some must-ride systems or areas in the Missouri/Greater mid-west that I should check out. So far Bentonville seems like a great option.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also interested in a response to this. I'm moving to St Louis I and a bit bummed. Bentonville is awesome and will be my go to for long weekends. The riding there is amazing and fun.

Looks like there is some good riding in and around KC, but don't know much else. Trailforks doesn't look too promising.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The greater St. Louis area has a ton of great singletrack. While not exactly "enduro", we do have some awesome trails. Also have gravel options out there as well when things are too wet for mtb.

Personal favorite is Greensfelder Park, which is just behind Six Flags. You can get 20+ miles with just about no double backing, and more if you want to get creative. Other great trails are Bluff View (aka Rock Hollow, aka Zombie), Matson Hill and Castlewood State Park. You can also pack on about 50+/- miles by riding Lost Valley, Matson and Klondike via The Katy Trail.

If you really need endoru, Chubb Trail is the most technical and challenging trail we have. Probably my 2nd favorite trail.

For a list of all our trails check out https://gorctrails.com/trails.

For group rides check out http://www.meetup.com/St-Louis-Mountain-Bikers/.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. I'm looking forward to explore a whole new region of trails. For the last 8 years, I've made an annual trip to British Columbia for the gnar. However, I'd ride anything that I can get my tires on. Ii requested to be added to the meetup group. Will be in the area for meetings Monday-Wednesday, so going to try to hit up the group rides to meet folks.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,139 Posts
Props to NWA and StL.

Other not-to-be missed trails in the mid-wet include:

1. Brown County, Nashville, IN. https://www.hmba.org/
2. Peoria, IL. Check Pambamtb.org or Pamba's Facebook. Peoria Area Mountain Bike Association | Home of the best off road cycling trails in Illinois
3. Quad Cities: Illiniwek & Sunderbruch are a great one-day / weekend ride. Friends of Off-Road Cycling - QC Friends of Off Road Cycling Home

Regarding NWA, Eureka Springs has some trails which HAD to be designed by someone from Colorado. Lots of elevation to take advantage of. The trails' flow, transitions, and properly labled green-blue-black diamonds are spot on!

·
Banned
1,328 Posts
"Regarding NWA, Eureka Springs has some trails which HAD to be designed by someone from Colorado. Lots of elevation to take advantage of. The trails' flow, transitions, and properly labled green-blue-black diamonds are spot on!"

·
CEO Product Failure
2,139 Posts

·
CEO Product Failure
2,139 Posts
Lake Leatherwood and Passion Play trails have been highly recommended to me. The pics and video that I've seen, look pretty banging.
I believe (Lake) Leatherwood has shuttles on the weekends. Passion Play requires you to earn your DH. But you can start at the top.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.