Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oliver said:
San Diego, off the 52 freeway. The place sucks, save your gas.
Pray tell, Oliver, where we should be riding and doesn't suck. Obviously I am mistaken in thinking that 20 miles of twisty single track in the heart of San Diego is worth the wear and tear on my tires.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Cogito said:
Pray tell, Oliver, where we should be riding and doesn't suck. Obviously I am mistaken in thinking that 20 miles of twisty single track in the heart of San Diego is worth the wear and tear on my tires.

The place sucks. You can paint a pig, but it is still a pig. SD has a lot better rides than Mission Trails, check out www.mountainbikebill.com and ride try them out.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oliver said:
The place sucks. You can paint a pig, but it is still a pig. SD has a lot better rides than Mission Trails, check out www.mountainbikebill.com and ride try them out.
Yeah San Diego has alot of epic rides, but thats no reason to trash a great resource like Mission Trails. I am constantly amazed at the level of elitism spewed out on this forum by some members of the Mountain Bike community. Try to keep in mind that some people just want a nice scenic ride with there friends and spouses. Check the attitude and support the sport! :thumbsup:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,883 Posts
HarryCallahan said:
Don't see why you have to have such a negative attitude.

Internet Trolls are a strange species, if you refuse to acknowledge their posts they tend to go away, Please do not feed the trolls.....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
fzr400guy said:
Yeah San Diego has alot of epic rides, but thats no reason to trash a great resource like Mission Trails. I am constantly amazed at the level of elitism spewed out on this forum by some members of the Mountain Bike community. Try to keep in mind that some people just want a nice scenic ride with there friends and spouses. Check the attitude and support the sport! :thumbsup:
san diego has lots of epic trails? i'm clueless,can you name 5 epic trails in SD for me? thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,160 Posts
Spring Canyon IS NOT "Missing Trails". All the good stuff north of the 52 are some of the most popular social trails in town that are great trails that "Missing Trails Regional Park" had nothing to do with. Someday we hope to have most of the trails in MTRP proper rehabilitated into enviromentally sensitive and sustainable singletracks like you find in Spring Canyon.

---- End Rant ----

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is Spring Canyon 'open'? Should photos be posted on the 'net? Last I heard it was not official and the Marines were not very happy with trespassers...

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
HarryCallahan said:
Don't see why you have to have such a negative attitude. It doesn't contribute anything positive.

My attitude is not negative, I was trying to help a another biker out, by not sending them to Mission Trails. I would give up mountain bike riding, if Mission Trails was my only option.

As we all know, Spring Canyon is not Mission Trails, it is military land, and have fun riding it when you get caught by the MP's.

Do not confuse steering a rider a way from Mission Trails with being negative.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Oliver said:
My attitude is not negative, I was trying to help a another biker out, by not sending them to Mission Trails. I would give up mountain bike riding, if Mission Trails was my only option.
Do not confuse steering a rider a way from Mission Trails with being negative.
Oops, my bad! I missed the memo that said "Oliver says..." = From the desk of God.

Seriously, that's your opinion about Mission Trails? Fine. There are objective ways to say it. Not everyone agrees with you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts