Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been to Mission Trails lately. Want to do some night riding tomorrow and was wondering if it's dry enough yet? Thanks!

·
i can't type the letter s
1,096 Posts
Motorep said:
Anyone been to Mission Trails lately. Want to do some night riding tomorrow and was wondering if it's dry enough yet? Thanks!
I rode the backside of Cowles to Pyles and back. Conditions are great. Not sure how Suycott Wash, E- ticket and S curves are doing but I imagine it's pretty good now too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am holding off until Thursday...give it a week.

I think the areas along 52 and Suycott to E-Ticket would be okay, but even along 52 there will be some low spots that are likely still muddy as it hasn't warmed up enough.

The rock garden area that goes to the picnic tables could be very muddy. There's a lot more mud in that section than there is rocks.

·
I <3 Dirt
724 Posts
mateoway said:
just got back .trails are good a few wet spots but mostly rideable
Which trails? I saw a few guys going up Spring on my drive home this afternoon, but a couple of days ago there was still standing water on the fireroad up Spring. I'm assuming the singletrack is fine. Bummer the singletrack bypass around the mudpit is closed...

·
Registered
616 Posts
mealsonwheels said:
Which trails? I saw a few guys going up Spring on my drive home this afternoon, but a couple of days ago there was still standing water on the fireroad up Spring. I'm assuming the singletrack is fine. Bummer the singletrack bypass around the mudpit is closed...
on bikes or in trucks?
(that is said tongue in cheek)

Grasslands looks like it hosted a monster truck rally out there with all of the tire pits (from trucks, not bikes, not horses) as does the mud road under the 52.

Never ceases to amaze me, same thing every year.

·
I <3 Dirt
724 Posts
ocd said:
on bikes or in trucks?
(that is said tongue in cheek)

Grasslands looks like it hosted a monster truck rally out there with all of the tire pits (from trucks, not bikes, not horses) as does the mud road under the 52.

Never ceases to amaze me, same thing every year.
Yeah, last year we saw dump trucks coming down that fireroad creating crazy deep ruts. I really could care less about rutted up fireroads, but it's kind of a bummer that the little singletrack bypass around the mud is closed. I totally understand why it's closed and all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mealsonwheels said:
Yeah, last year we saw dump trucks coming down that fireroad creating crazy deep ruts. I really could care less about rutted up fireroads, but it's kind of a bummer that the little singletrack bypass around the mud is closed. I totally understand why it's closed and all.
Those deep track definately suck. Still very wet and muddy wherever those things are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.