Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Looks pretty sweet...I'm waiting for my 08 to come in then I will post pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What can I say?
It's the best fork I have ever had. On 160mm travel it's great FR fork, but on 100mm and a bit more pressure it works like some XC forks! This model is 36 Talas R, and now I know that RC2 it isn't nescessary for my. I had only one problem with this fork, semi-bath oil level was incorect, but I changed it and now it works great better than Lyrik SoloAir and 66 Ata(which I had before Fox)

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Just got it built up before our roadtrip to Nelson/Rossland last week. It's 2nd "shakedown" ride was on the 7 Summits trail. :p The RP23 started leaking oil on the first ride and gushed oil halfway through 7 summits and was wheezing the rest of the way. :confused:

Baker approves!

All parts except front der., seatpost and seatpost QR came off my '05 Giant Reign.

• Frame: 2008 Mission 3 Frame - RP23
  • Fork - 2009 Fox 36 Talas RC2
  • Stem: Thomson - 70mm 0 deg. rise
  • Cranks/BB: 2006 Truvativ Stylo - 22/32/bash
  • Wheels: Hope hubs/ Mavic 823 tubless
  • Tires: 2.35 Hutchinson Octopus (UST)
  • Brakes: XT-XTR - 203mm rotors
  • Cassette: SRAM 11-34 (don't know the model)
  • Headset - FSA zero stack
  • Saddle: Transition (Velo) AM saddle
  • Seatpost and QR: Easton EA50

Weight - I have no idea. Similar to my Reign which was ~34 lbs.
BB Height - 14" with fork at 160mm, 13.25 at 100mm. Worth noting this was using my highly scientific approach of holding a tape measure with one hand, the bike with the other and eyeballing it. I might have had a couple of beers during this process too. Maybe. ;)

Bike was riding great until the RP23 puked oil. I bought a seal rebuild and overhauled it last night (cheap and super easy)....so I'll give that a go today.

Cheers,
EB

1 - 20 of 474 Posts