Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone who sees this.

I had a MP thread a while back where someone mentioned a good option to get to the top of MP via the park south of Stanford entrance. Can you repost or PM on this? Want to go check it out tonight if possible. Are there lots of forks or is it a straight forward deal? Maps perhaps?

Thanks much...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
ed levin is closed at night so Im not sure this is a good option for night riding, but if you want to try it you should probably park down on evans road and ride up calaveras or old calaveras to the park. go in the main entrance and follow the road until just past the lake where you will jump a large gate across the paved road that splits off to the left. follow that all the way up to mt rose. I think there is one signed turn you need to avoid which goes to a private residence.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool...I would ride the Ed portion in the sun and hope to get over to MP by dusk however I was looking for a way to park at Stanford Ave, ride over and make a loop. This seems hard to pull off...maybe I'll just stick to doing a double run up Mission instead.

Thanks all...

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
you can park at stanford no problem. just head south on mission, left on warm springs, left on scott creek, right on green valley/park victoria, left on evans, left on calaveras

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
squashyo said:
cool...I would ride the Ed portion in the sun and hope to get over to MP by dusk however I was looking for a way to park at Stanford Ave, ride over and make a loop. This seems hard to pull off...maybe I'll just stick to doing a double run up Mission instead.

Thanks all...
Double run on Stanford? You are nuts man.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah this time of year the ed levin side won't be much fun...
It's been a while but I have done rides from my house in Warm Springs to Stanford, and then do multiple loops up Standford down Ohlone down Mission back up Stanford, rinse and repeat.
Other option that's more entertaining for hill repeats is up Ohlone to the top of Franks Hill.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Double run aint so bad

Such a great night on the hill. Went up Stanford...over to the radio towers...down to the college. Tried to find a way up the pavement but some locals said I was on the wrong path...not sure they knew what was going on. Anyhow...photos.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/72215761

Attachments

·
Paper or plastic?
10,599 Posts
Pavement is: Mill Creek Road. Road starts a couple blocks north of Ohlone entrance and gets you back up to the single track,.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.