Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed I had "lost" the driveside chainstay zerk a couple of weeks ago. Ordered some more and fitted a replacement - it took a bit of hammering to fit though. then after my last ride - its gone again. I did try putting some more grease in after fitting, but don't think this was the cause
Anyone else had this problem, got any suggested fixes (I've got 4 more zerks left in the pack!)

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
What Clyde said.

If you put pump too hard, the grease gun can create enough pressure to force the zerk back out. You should stop pumping when you feel resistance. (I don't know if you already did this though)

You migh also try to clean the fitting hole with a Q-tip moistened with degreaser, to remove any grease on the fitting walls. (moistened...not dripping damp)

If you had to hammer the zerk in, it seems odd it came out without some opposing force. (grease pressure). If the fitting is loose, some ppl have used a dab of loctite or JB Weld.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.