Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the least difficult way to ride/enjoy oak mountain for an out of shape newbie who doesn't have much time to ride?
Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
Out and Back

Try riding out and back. Begin at the north trailhead (across form the paddle boat rentals). Ride a couple of miles to the group camp road (a dirt road passing through the primitive campgrounds) the cabin road (a paved road to the rental cabins) or the north trailhead. Turn around and head back. It is about 3 miles, 6 miles, or 10 miles, depending on where you turn around. Only one small climb called the Chimneys near the cabin road. The rest is fairly level and flows well.

BUMP also sponsors a Beginners ride every Wednesday at 5:30 designed for new bikers and beginners who are either just getting started or getting restarted. Might be a fun ride.

Good luck and Ride On!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think the above post meant start at the south trailhead (near the paddle boats) and head toward the north trailhead. that is probably a good way to ride and just do an out and back for a beginner.

OR you could ride the family trail.

OR you could ride from the south trailhead and do an out and back in the other direction.

the good thing about oak mtn. is that the trail intersects the road in several places and you can always ride back on the road if you have to.

·
Registered
198 Posts
oops

Yep....I meant the SOUTH trail head. Thanks Joe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MtBkrJoe said:
I think the above post meant start at the south trailhead (near the paddle boats) and head toward the north trailhead. that is probably a good way to ride and just do an out and back for a beginner.

OR you could ride the family trail.

OR you could ride from the south trailhead and do an out and back in the other direction.

the good thing about oak mtn. is that the trail intersects the road in several places and you can always ride back on the road if you have to.
Thanks for the info. Do you know the name of the trail? Is it the entrance where i have to ride a short distance on the road?
Thanks

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
Paddle Boats...

RML said:
Thanks for the info. Do you know the name of the trail? Is it the entrance where i have to ride a short distance on the road?
Thanks
If you know where the paddle boats are, park there. Take a left on your bike, back the way you came, out of the parking lot. Pass where the water is on both sides of the road. Trail head directly on right, can't miss it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
the trail is really well marked and you should easily be able to find it. blackagness gave a good description from the paddle boat parking lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts