Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an XL SB75 in my cart, from Steep & Cheap, for a marvelous price of $949.00. A black cloud assended and I could not complete the purchase - emergency home appliance purchase took precedence. Now it appears no one that has the XL SB75 in stock. Anyone know where one might be hiding? Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Make that 2. I would love to snag up an XL SB75. Merlin is the only place I have found stock, but the price makes me want to just buy a SB66 for almost half.

First world problems ;)

·
Salt Lake City, UT
1,418 Posts
I'd suggest finding a 66c frame instead (clean used - they're all over). WAY lighter and comes with a lot better rating from most people. The 75 frame is a heavy one and was met with mixed reviews.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd suggest finding a 66c frame instead (clean used - they're all over). WAY lighter and comes with a lot better rating from most people. The 75 frame is a heavy one and was met with mixed reviews.
I'm riding a old stumpy with wet noodle forks aka fox32 and is too small (large frame vs XL which I need). I'm sure even a mixed reviewed SB75 would be an AWESOME upgrade :)

But the SB66 has been on the radar as well. The left over new stock Al frames are my size. Just not sure if I want to stick 26 (which I have no issue with) or jump to 650b (which I like as well)

Decisions suck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Might have been for the better I didn't buy the 75. I have been looking @ 29ers again... After riding 27.5. & 29ers i would not ever go back to a 26er.

·
Salt Lake City, UT
1,418 Posts
I'm riding a old stumpy with wet noodle forks aka fox32 and is too small (large frame vs XL which I need). I'm sure even a mixed reviewed SB75 would be an AWESOME upgrade :)

But the SB66 has been on the radar as well. The left over new stock Al frames are my size. Just not sure if I want to stick 26 (which I have no issue with) or jump to 650b (which I like as well)

Decisions suck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep they do at times. If you're tall enough to need an XL, I'd definitely keep the SB95 on your radar too. Proportionately, in my opinion, someone 6' and above should be on one anyway. A tall dude on a 26 / 27.5 just looks out of proportion. Again, just my opinion; go whatever route you feel is best.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yep they do at times. If you're tall enough to need an XL, I'd definitely keep the SB95 on your radar too. Proportionately, in my opinion, someone 6' and above should be on one anyway. A tall dude on a 26 / 27.5 just looks out of proportion. Again, just my opinion; go whatever route you feel is best.
You always read about people hating all the standards that the industry puts out. I like options. I've ridden all the wheel sizes and see pros and cons to all of them for where I live and ride. While I am not on the anti-29er train, I do like the feel of the smaller wheels better overall. Though, the freight train feeling when going thru the chunky stuff is kinda nice with the larger wheels.

And I can't see myself on the bike when riding so looks be damned!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts