Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my SL-Air U-turn Reba got to the shop today, I stashed it next to my Zion(Non EBB) Frame. Anywho, I placed an order with QBP for a Shimano Hone Crankset.
Anyone know if it is the same darn thing as the LX with just a black finish??? (I was gonna get LX but it was like $2.00 more for hone and it is black).

Also I took a risk and ordered many components from Salsa I cant find any reviews so if anyone has any experience with the following components, let me know.
Salsa-SS Chainraing
Salsa-Steel Flip-Offs
Salso-Pro Moto(Non Carbon) Flatbar
Salsa-Bashguard(Non Trials)

And Once I find the right stem I am thinking of gettin' the SUL.

Thanks
Any comments on the build would be appreciated.

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
Guital2 said:
Well my SL-Air U-turn Reba got to the shop today, I stashed it next to my Zion(Non EBB) Frame. Anywho, I placed an order with QBP for a Shimano Hone Crankset.
Anyone know if it is the same darn thing as the LX with just a black finish??? (I was gonna get LX but it was like $2.00 more for hone and it is black).

Also I took a risk and ordered many components from Salsa I cant find any reviews so if anyone has any experience with the following components, let me know.
Salsa-SS Chainraing
Salsa-Steel Flip-Offs
Salso-Pro Moto(Non Carbon) Flatbar
Salsa-Bashguard(Non Trials)

And Once I find the right stem I am thinking of gettin' the SUL.

Thanks
Any comments on the build would be appreciated.
I heard from a shimano rep that he thought the LX crank Arms were the same as the Hone. I'm not sure about the rest of the crankset. Maybe the Axle is stronger/heavier or something?

I haven't really heard anything bad about those Salsa components you mention. I think they are all pretty good...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.