Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I was rummaging through a drawer and came across my 3rd place Downieville XC medal from 2006. I call it my miracle podium because I really don't know how I lucked my way into it and it may never happen again. To stand in front of the Downieville fire station in the midst of your peers is a great feeling.

This thread is not meant to be boastful but to celebrate that time when you pulled out the ride of your life. Maybe it was when you cleaned your local ride for the first time or somehow, against all odds ended up with the prize.

What's your miracle podium??? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Speaking of miracle podiums

All the fast guys must have flatted out. I still don't know how I pulled it off, but I ended up placing 1st last year in the all-mountain expert cat. My times weren't all that impressive, but somehow I managed to pull it off. Standing on the podium in front of the firehouse in DV was pretty cool. I won't be racing the AM this year as it filled up soooo fast during the online registration. Oh well, the XC will be a blast, podium or not. Hope to see you there!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Last year I was 3rd in 45+ Expert, but the Miracle was the year before, when I got 2nd place. I spotted Larry Hibbard at the start and knew there was no way I could ever beat him, especially because I ALWAYS cramp. In 2006 there were 2 miracles, Larry flatted & for the first and only time in 6 trys I did not cramp :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
'05 Tamarancho...

mtbne1 said:
Last weekend I was rummaging through a drawer and came across my 3rd place Downieville XC medal from 2006. I call it my miracle podium because I really don't know how I lucked my way into it and it may never happen again. To stand in front of the Downieville fire station in the midst of your peers is a great feeling.

This thread is not meant to be boastful but to celebrate that time when you pulled out the ride of your life. Maybe it was when you cleaned your local ride for the first time or somehow, against all odds ended up with the prize.

What's your miracle podium??? :thumbsup:
I got third in Sport gearie class. It was so f'ing hot that day, I think what happened was that everybody DNFed, and I was the last person to actually roll across the line in my class... and that happened to be third.

I'm usually a mid-pack racer at best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.