Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'll do it next time!
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a stunning 575 but i am running it with a RS Revelation Dual Air which is performing really well. The only trouble is i am not sure whether i could do with a bigger fork up front. I would like to push the bottom bracket up a touch as feel it is quite low and i clip the pedals from time to time.

I see that the 08 Manitou Minute Elite with 140mm has an A-C of 515
The Revelation i think is 509ish

Would i notice the difference? I ride mainly XC/all mountain stuff and enter the odd XC race so want something quite light.

I see a couple of Yeti 575 owners have the Minute and would like to know what people think of them.

The other option would be to wait for next years Revelation. I don't have a very big budget to spend on forks as my Revelations are only about 4 months old. They would end up on my girlfriends bike!

Cheers for any advice

·
I'll do it next time!
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 09 RVL's look ideal. My hub is not compatible though for thru axle. The hub is an 08 XT. Not the AM version. I like the look of the white, wonder what the A-C will be on the 09 RVL. Suppose it will be the same as the Pike.

I had a Pike on my old bike and the thru axle was very stiff and felt great. i do miss it a bit!

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Tim Arnold said:
The 09 RVL's look ideal. My hub is not compatible though for thru axle. The hub is an 08 XT. Not the AM version. I like the look of the white, wonder what the A-C will be on the 09 RVL. Suppose it will be the same as the Pike.

I had a Pike on my old bike and the thru axle was very stiff and felt great. i do miss it a bit!
yeah..I'd bet it is the same A-C as the Pike, since they seemed to be using the same Pike lowers (same "angled" IS brake mount)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an '07 575 with the '08 Minute Elite fork.
Really like the fork and it seems to compliment the air sprung rear(RP23) very well. I had an '08 Fox Vanilla on there before and I didn't like the feel of the bike as much, felt a little out of balance.
I do scrape the pedals from time to time though. Sometimes more than others. On my last ride of my usual loop I must have hit the pedals 15 times! Don't know if I was just riding harder than usual, or more uncoordinated than usual.
The weight difference in the fork swap was noticeable right away for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.