Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Baba Booey!
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm overhauling my 2005 minute 03 and I just want a confirmation that the right (SPV) leg takes 120 cc of dampening oil. Also, I know that the manual calls for 5wt oil, however I'm gonna try 2.5wt so that I can speed up the rebound a little, does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with this? Thanks for the feed back...

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
monkeyfist23 said:
I'm overhauling my 2005 minute 03 and I just want a confirmation that the right (SPV) leg takes 120 cc of dampening oil. Also, I know that the manual calls for 5wt oil, however I'm gonna try 2.5wt so that I can speed up the rebound a little, does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with this? Thanks for the feed back...
Rebound - a recent post by Dougal mentioned he removed a shim or two from the SPV rebound which sped it up nicely. Lighter oil might work fine, but it might throw off the platform? No big deal, you can always change back to 5wt if that happens I guess.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Verify oil level

monkeyfist23 said:
120 cc is the nominal specification -- be sure to check the actual oil level (correct level is 84mm below the top of the fork tube). If you have not already done so, download the service manual from the Answer site: http://www.answerproducts.com/helpdesk.asp

Also, another terrific set of information can be found at: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/minute1web_b.pdf

These instructions are for the Minute 1, but the SPV side of the fork is the same as the Minute 3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.