Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

minor "Push" complaint

2516 Views 41 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  The Squeaky Wheel
I hate to b1tch on-line, but my first experience with Push Industries was kind of a downer. I ordered the replacement seal/o-ring kit for my shock for $14. I chose the cheapest shipping method (fedex ground) at checkout, but there was no mention of how much it would be. They ended up charging me $10 for shipping, which I only found out after getting my bill. Then the package arrives and the lubricant tube was broken and had covered all the parts - no biggie, just messy.

I don't care how much they charge for shipping - just tell me beforehand so I know.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Before airing your laundry on the internet did you consider calling them ?
I talked to Push about your order

craig said:
I hate to b1tch on-line, but my first experience with Push Industries was kind of a downer. I ordered the replacement seal/o-ring kit for my shock for $14. I chose the cheapest shipping method (fedex ground) at checkout, but there was no mention of how much it would be. They ended up charging me $10 for shipping, which I only found out after getting my bill. Then the package arrives and the lubricant tube was broken and had covered all the parts - no biggie, just messy.

I don't care how much they charge for shipping - just tell me beforehand so I know.
He told me you are a jerk and he did it on purpose. He said, "I bet it was funny when the b1tcher opened the package and found oil on his stuff." I'm being a smart arse. It was not done purposely. Give 'em a call and they would fix the problem. I'm sure you could use Manitou Prep Lube after cleaning the parts.

Jaybo
Just call them.

Give it a rest. Give Darren a call, and see what happens.
I'm not crazy about online suppliers that can't provide the shipping cost before finalizing the order before I sign off; I usually decline to finalize the order unless there's no real choice with suppliers. Getting the shipment in poor condition after a $10 charge for such a simple order would not help. Push seems to get rave reviews for service overall, so calling them and then reporting back to how they deal with the complaint sounds like a great way to go...
Sorry - forgot to mention I sent them an e-mail after I saw the invoice (no response yet). It is really no big deal - just kind of annoying to order something without knowing the shipping charge beforehand. I figured it would be a couple of bucks for something so small/light. Next time I will call before ordering.
Ouch

Craig,

My apologies for your experience. I would be happy to help you out with the package that you received from us. You can reach me directly at [email protected] or at the office at (970) 278-1110.

In regards to shipping, that's a difficult one. Shipping charges from UPS and Fed Ex have been changing so frequently that we haven't been able to finalize our shipping module for online ordering. It seems the increase in gas prices and the way freight companies conduct their business has forced them to continue to adjust their "fuel surcharge" and "facility sort and scan fees". Godd stuff :rolleyes:

Anyway, feel free to contact me.

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
That is what I am talking about.

Call Darren directly, just like I thought.
PUSHIND said:
Craig,

My apologies for your experience. I would be happy to help you out with the package that you received from us. You can reach me directly at [email protected] or at the office at (970) 278-1110.

In regards to shipping, that's a difficult one. Shipping charges from UPS and Fed Ex have been changing so frequently that we haven't been able to finalize our shipping module for online ordering. It seems the increase in gas prices and the way freight companies conduct their business has forced them to continue to adjust their "fuel surcharge" and "facility sort and scan fees". Godd stuff :rolleyes:

Anyway, feel free to contact me.

Darren Murphy
PUSH Industries
:cool: Appreciate the reply.
The o-rings should be fine (just "pre-lubed") :D . I will call you if I need more lube to finish the job.
I think lots of vendors charge incredibly inflated shipping prices and make more money off of it. It's really unethical. I got my oem seals from Fox for $5 in shipping and handling costs and UPS only charged me ~$11 to send my oversized mainframe back to Turner from the east coast.

So $10 in shipping for an envelop sized package is a ripoff, sorry to say. Extra money is going somewhere. Thanks for the heads up because I was going to order new seals very soon, so I'd just rather go back to Fox and get ones that do the same job for $12 shipped.
Jerk_Chicken said:
I think lots of vendors charge incredibly inflated shipping prices and make more money off of it. It's really unethical. I got my oem seals from Fox for $5 in shipping and handling costs and UPS only charged me ~$11 to send my oversized mainframe back to Turner from the east coast.

So $10 in shipping for an envelop sized package is a ripoff, sorry to say. Extra money is going somewhere. Thanks for the heads up because I was going to order new seals very soon, so I'd just rather go back to Fox and get ones that do the same job for $12 shipped.
You're right - vendors should undercharge for shipping. Why not, it's only money, right? It only eats into their profit...
stupid double posting.
PUSHIND said:
Jerk_Chicken,

Are you accusing us of unethical business practice?

Darren
Not specifically, but I do know as a former recent shipper that shipping envelopes via UPS cross country did not cost us anywhere near $10. Lower the price to a reasonable level and you won't have people *****ing about it. Might seem minor to you, but this is how the consumer feels.

On the flipside, Larry at Mountain High Cyclery charges what he pays, whether it's UPS or USPS. I've gotten boxes of parts and paid less.

So you have to expect statements like mine if the prices are too high. This is called business. Not saying or sugar coating that you don't run a great business, but to have it break down on a shipping level would negate a lot of your hard work and leave a bad taste in the mouths of your customers. If a shipping charge can't be worked out via the website, a confirmation should be given first.
Debaser said:
You're right - vendors should undercharge for shipping. Why not, it's only money, right? It only eats into their profit...
Didn't say undercharge. Nowhere did I say that.
So without knowing the address and shipping code for where the package was sent, and how our new contract is set up withFed Ex (previously with UPS) you're comfortable making the call on what it cost?

Also, you'll notice that I did post regarding my concern and offered for the customer to contact me personally.

We're not in the business of shipping and it's not some "secret tool" for profit building around here.

Darren
I'll stand behind Darren...I had a shock sent to them for upgrade.. They were still in CA..I called them expecting to find return date or tracking number...They look for the shipping date see it is still being worked on..Instead of 2 day wait for turnaround mines was 4..BUT as soon as I called them PUSH sent me my shock back next day...Thier cost Fed ex...I waited total 4 days from their reciept to getting it back..I was out no extra money...I'm impressed with service, quality, and ability to get ahold of someone..I will be sinding my fox fork to have the seals done in Jan or Feb...just minor rebuild..

Cost of shipping is neglible for excellent service...I would have been happy with 10 dollar charge, and they will work with you...though it was not a biggie about the lube..

As for shipping stuff, it costs money if your not shipping as bulk or freight etc..3rd class etc.. Be happy you recieved the parts it could been sent via USPS and they are notoroius for not putting notices in the box that you have packages...Give Push a break...talk to fed ex for shipping problems...ASk them why they so much....
See less See more
Jerk_Chicken said:
Didn't say undercharge. Nowhere did I say that.
UPS has changed their fuel surcharge 3 times in the last 30 days. Isn't that a bit much to stay on top of?

I'd rather let a business charge a fair price by estimating shipping, than pay more for an item so they can hire someone to stay on top of the changing charges.
JC - I agree with your...

concern. In fact I think the only appropriate thing is for you to boycott PUSH. In fact, please start today, take anyone else concerned about how these folks do business along...It'll save a ton of time for those of us that have had nothing but phenomenal experiences with Darren and Co.!! My next piece of business with them will be the fifth!PLEASE, PLEASE make it faster for me to get taken care of!! Make sure as well that you are comparing apple to apples when you talk about shipping charges. Darren has sent everything I have bought from PUSH 1st or 2nd day. I have also shipped large frame boxes across the country for 'relatively' small amount (I'd challenge $11 though, unless UPS has lowered their prices), but nothing arrived in anything vaguely approaching 1-2 days! There are soooo few companies out there that do the right thing, and PUSH has been one of them in my mind!! They have a customer in me for as long as they are in business and I am riding (hoping thats a looooong time).

I think lots of vendors charge incredibly inflated shipping prices and make more money off of it. It's really unethical. I got my oem seals from Fox for $5 in shipping and handling costs and UPS only charged me ~$11 to send my oversized mainframe back to Turner from the east coast.

So $10 in shipping for an envelop sized package is a ripoff, sorry to say. Extra money is going somewhere. Thanks for the heads up because I was going to order new seals very soon, so I'd just rather go back to Fox and get ones that do the same job for $12 shipped
See less See more
No where fast.

Although I appreciate peoples support tremendously, I never like to see these types of things breakout on the boards.

Let's stay constructive! JC, I don't mean to downplay your post or concerns, and for that I apologize for any offense.

As always, we welcome our customers, or opotential customers feedback, and always use it to better our business. I can assure you that this is the case with this particular incident. No need to turn it into an argument.

Thanks,

Darren
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top