Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to see my brother in the Twin Cities this weekend and am bringing my bike with me. I've never ridden up there, but have heard good things about Lebanon Hills and Theodore Wirth. I'm thinking of riding either Saturday or Sunday and maybe both if the weather is good. Are there maps at the trailhead at either one of these or are the trails pretty easy to navigate if you have never been there? Also, are there other trails to consider instead. Thanks.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
You should go to Murphy Hanrahan. It's a bit on the south side of things, Twin Cities-wise, but if you like fast, swoopy, flowy singletrack, you will be hard pressed to find anything better in the Mid West. Great trails and yes, there is a trail map at the trail head and one other in the system that I saw when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Lebanon Hills is more technical, with log piles, stones, and a few skinnies and stunts. Very fun though and I like riding there alot too. I do believe there is a map at the trail head, but it is laid out so that all loops come to a "meeting place" in the middle. So, it's hard to get lost there.

I haven't been to Theo Wirth yet, but it's supposed to be very tight, flat and fun. Very single speed friendly from what I've heard.

Then there are the "river trails" down along the Minnesota River that are pretty flat, and going faster makes them funner. I haven't ridden these yet either, but I know several folks that say the river trails have their certain charms.

Have fun! The Twin Cities are a great cycling place, full of great stuff for bike freaks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I lived up there for a a spell. Murphy is fun. Leb is good, River bottoms is fun but basically a sandy,loamy flat trail. Good to hit if you are just popping in. Ted is right, look at the MORC message board. Good folks up there that can guide you.

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
MORC is a great group of individuals who will steer you in the right direction.

If I headed back for a visit a few laps around Leb would be a must. The trail crew there is always adding to the trail.

Murphy I only got to ride once since the new trail opened before I moved. Would hit that up as well.

Would skip the river bottoms as that trail never really impressed me all that much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.