Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2.3 DHF was getting a little worn. Not trashed like some of the pics I see people post that have me wondering how they even stay upright, but pretty rough edges, a few knobs undercutting. Anyway, I replaced it with a 2.6" Wide Trail model and god damn what an improvement. Maybe this is what 150lb riders feel like on a 2.3"? I'm 6'6" and ~230 and it gave me grip for days. The old tire was a little worn so even the same model would feel better but still, bad ass. 16psi.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Yes it is. For not so aggressive trail riding it was like a revelation. Paired with a 2.6 DC Forkaster out back its great. They are great for rock crawling.

But, when those chubby tires get pushed really hard they get "floaty" and not precise enough on hard corners. I think its uncontrolled rebound from the tire or something. At least compared to a DHF 2.5 WT.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is. For not so aggressive trail riding it was like a revelation. Paired with a 2.6 DC Forkaster out back its great. They are great for rock crawling.

But, when those chubby tires get pushed really hard they get "floaty" and not precise enough on hard corners. I think its uncontrolled rebound from the tire or something. At least compared to a DHF 2.5 WT.
I've never tried a 2.5 WT but I ran a 2.5 on i24 wheels a few years ago. When I got my new bike with i30's I thought I could get away with a 2.3 and did all this time (the last 3+ years) but the 2.5-2.6 is where it's at especially for a heavier rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.