Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to run the DH-Rear tire on the front. Only reason is that I ordered both a DH-R and DH-F from 2 different places for a North Star trip this weekend and the front may not come on time.

Are tread patterns different? The DH-R is the 60A wire bead.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yes, you can run the DHR on the front. It'll do for now, but you'll probably want to swap it out when the DHF comes in. Most people run the DHF on the front and the DHR on the rear, or the DHF on the front and rear.

And yes, the tread patterns are different. Check out www.maxxis.com for photos.

·
mountain biker
535 Posts
If you look at pictures of world cup riders, they seem to ride the DHF and DHR in all sorts of different combinations depending on course conditions and the type of course. I'm currently running DHF front and rear. I find that the DHF absolutely fricken rails corners... especially in the dry. The down side is that you lose a little breaking performance, and they don't handle mud as well.

I was a little surprised to see some riders using DHR front and rear at some races. I would guess that that combo is for more open fast courses that are a muddy. But still, it's been done...

All this to say, you'll be fine with DHR front and rear, though for Northstar, DHF front and rear would be ideal...

whatever you ride, you'll probably have fun... good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.