Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out this bike the other day and then realised it was a monkey!
It is the smallest I've ever seen, I guess it may just be a small frame but I see mostly large and XL. It is a true working messenger bike putting in many miles daily on LA streets. Set up fixed gear with road tires and no brakes, I thought it was cool enough to share.

The bike was in front of the Bicycle Kitchen in LA, I went to check the place out and donate some bike parts. I had heard about it from a thread Hollywood posted months ago. I also sold a part on ebay to one of the guys who frequents there, he gave me a flyer and was telling me all about it so I had to go see for myself. The kitchen is cool, a bit hard to explain, I'd call it a cyclists community center. A non profit shop where you can go to work on your bike, build a bike, get volunteer qualified help, volunteer your own expertise etc. They have a pile of donated bikes there that are available to build into something, I'm not quite sure how that works. There are also a lot of rides and bike related social stuff going on that they are either involved with or promoting. I went on Saturday and there was a real mix of great people there, casual enthusiasts, commuters, and messengers, in all shapes, sizes, ages, etc. unified by the love of bikes.

Check out the website if you have a chance http://www.bicyclekitchen.com/ If you live in So Cal and have an old bike or a box of parts you will never use, they would love to have it. Now when I find a dumpster bike that I don't want personally, I'll grab it anyway and let the Kitchen find it a good home.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks like my monkey does, same size probably and I do run brakes when I trail ride(fixed on the road though). Any idea on the bars? I like the look of them.

The Ito

·
Steamroller
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked like Nittos to me

ito said:
Any idea on the bars? I like the look of them. The Ito
I think Nitto is right, I have them on my fixie too, but did not have them side by side to compare.
I saw a few of the coolest urban assault bikes around there, some were all business like this Monkey and a couple were real clean and fancy. There were also plenty of POS bikes there too, but it's all good. I may go back next Monday and bring them a bike or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.