Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the OK from Alan to show you guys something new!:thumbsup:

The conditions look worse than they really were. Still not a good testing ground to compare against my old Nomad. Since this photo we've gotten another 4" of snow followed by 3" of heavy rains. We should be seeing a freeze over the weekend so I'll be able to get out and ride on top.

I'll try and grab some more photos this weekend with Olivia's EVO as well.

Attachments

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dubjay said:
Wow..nice looking bike. You're going to have some good times there.

And what is all that white stuff?? :)
Well, it's definately not sunshine and daisies!;) ...but I got me a set of Freddies!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Good lord I want one.

At first glace I thought you had snow on your saddle :D

Man lack of morning coffee screws with the mind!

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Interesting bits...

Nice pic, we should keep that one in an archive somewhere. The bike ain't half bad either.

I did not know that Maverick came out with a bar/stem like that, I will have to go check out their website.

The gloss blue/polished combo looks great, too.

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like Syntace VRO system.

DirtDad said:
Nice pic, we should keep that one in an archive somewhere. The bike ain't half bad either.

I did not know that Maverick came out with a bar/stem like that, I will have to go check out their website.

The gloss blue/polished combo looks great, too.
It's not a Mav product.

It's a Mav stem with a Ringle' down hill bar. I grabbed the bar for my tandem about 8 years ago. When I built up my Nomad with the Duc32 I wanted more height than my regular risers had to offer and didn't want to spend any more money doing it, so I swiped it. It's straight gauge tubing, very burly and not too light. At a 2.5" rise & 2'" wider, It made a huge difference in my technical riding. I haven't looked back since!

A VRO stem system would be cool for a Duc32 though.

·
"55 lbs and climbing!"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made to fit!

xc_flip said:
nicee bike.. where did you get those chain tensioner?...
It's custom made it from a "Heim 3s" hardware and roller and a sheet of aluminum from the hobby shop.

I like the bottom braket mounted systems but I prefer having the tensioner track with the suspension and out of the way of rocks and logs when bashing around. I modeled it after an old "Dimension" one I had years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts