Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions on a lower travel DH Style bike!
I want a bike with DH geometry, but I don't go huge, so I don't need the 8-10" of travel.
I want a bike that can rip most trails, and take to the resorts if needed.

Bikes that come to mind:
SPEC. SX T
Commencal Super DH mini
Morewood SHOVA LT
Turner Highline (7.1" travel setup)
Intense 6.6 slopestyle (in the future)
Transition Dirtbag

I would like to keep 135mm spacing in the rear and money is a concern. I would probably run an '06 Marz. 66 singlecrown.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
TG

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'll ad the chumba evo since the blitz and 6.6 have been thrown in. I love mine, and it would rip any of the stuff you mentioned.
If I was buying a bike I didn't plan on riding uphill TOO much, I'd definitly go with the bottlerocket.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What about IH?

G-AIR said:
I am looking for suggestions on a lower travel DH Style bike!
I want a bike with DH geometry, but I don't go huge, so I don't need the 8-10" of travel.
I want a bike that can rip most trails, and take to the resorts if needed.

Bikes that come to mind:
SPEC. SX T
Commencal Super DH mini
Morewood SHOVA LT
Turner Highline (7.1" travel setup)
Intense 6.6 slopestyle (in the future)
Transition Dirtbag

I would like to keep 135mm spacing in the rear and money is a concern. I would probably run an '06 Marz. 66 singlecrown.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
TG
The new Iron Horse 6 Point bikes look really good. This bike may be just a hair steeper than what you want, but man it is pretty DHable and totally pedallable too.

If you really want DH geo, and have no intention of pedalling up hill at all, I think the Spec SX is your best bet.

·
Takw/agranofsalt
3,532 Posts
If you don't mind shorter travel the Blur 4x rocks! In fact I call it my mini DH rig. It's low BB and slack angles make it tear up DH trails. The only place where I was wishing for more travel is in really bad rock gardens. It just takes a little more concentration to bomb through.

Another good choice is the Transition Preston FR.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies. The Bottle Rocket does look very sweet and has the geometry I am looking for. Although I have never ridden one, I wish it had a hair more travel...6.5"? Who knows? Maybe the 5.5" is enough. Transition seems like a killer Co. as well.

There are definitely some sweet bikes out there. At this point the SX Trail, Bottle Rocket, Dirtbag (great deals on the '06), and Shova LT have my eye. I think I need to demo a few.

Thanks Again,
TG

1 - 20 of 47 Posts