Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
glittergirl
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a continued effort to spread goodwill for ALL mtber's, come join the presentation!

Thursday, January 8 at 7pm

The mtber's Mini-Crew is going to present a

GIANT check to Jefferson County's OSAC board
for the hours we volunteered for trail maintenance through the Mini-Crew Program.

It's the first meeting -- the first agenda item -- and the first words the OSAC board will hear about the positive contributions our community is giving to the trails.

The check represents 303 hours provided by mountain bikers -- volunteering their time and labor to improve and maintain the trail system last summer.

I would like to invite all the volunteers, crew leaders and those who support the Mini-Crew efforts -- the more the merrier!

As mtbers, we'd like to impress the OSAC board with our commitment and our message, "we care about the trails and want to give something back".

It will give the OSAC board members an opportunity to place faces to our mtb community and our efforts to spread goodwill to all trail users.

The presentation will take about 30-40 minutes with photos and comments. Please arrive about 6:45pm at the OSAC Meeting Room located at 700 Jefferson Parkway, Golden.

I look forward to seeing everyone!

Questions? PM me or contact: [email protected]

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
nice work - THANKS!

Fixation said:
It's the first meeting -- the first agenda item -- and the first words the OSAC board will hear about the positive contributions our community is giving to the trails.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
glittergirl
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
comb your hair

For the crew leaders and the volunteers who participated on the trail last year,

comb your hair and wear a clean shirt as we'd like

to get your picture with the BIG check and the OSAC board.

·
glittergirl
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Breaking News

Just got a call, so passing the information along...

For tonight's meeting, there is a public comment session that customarily proceeds the onset of the OSAC meeting. We are the first agenda item for that meeting. For the public comment session, there may be no one, there may be many. No idea.

What that means for us? Our start time might get delayed, or on occassion, the chairman will flip-flop the meeting agenda and public comment session. If that happens, we'll get started right away.

So for all of you that will be attending tonight's meeting, I just wanted to give a heads-up and you know as much as I do at this time.

·
MFin' Princess
5,488 Posts
It was nice meeting you last night!

Man, what an impressive presentation. Big thanks to you and the entire Mini-Crew Crew for so many jobs well done in '08. You all did a great service for the entire trail community, and it is hugely commendable.

I look forward to getting some digging practice myself in '09 to help the effort. What's the best way to stay notified of upcoming events? Again, many thanks!

·
glittergirl
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great Meeting

Thank you all who joined the presentation last night. I hope to see you out on the trail for the 2009 season, so next year our check can get even BIGGER.

Notice one of the commissioners giving a big 'thumbs-up'?

If you'd like to be on the mailing list for the Mini-Crew dates, please contact

[email protected]

We are in the process of building a new and improved website of www.minicrew.org.

You can count on seeing us on the trail May through Sept. on the 3rd Thursday of the month.

Attachments

·
glittergirl
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
plan 3rd Thursday

From May to September, we will meet and work the 3rd Thursday of the month.

If you'd like to be on the email list, just send a message to [email protected]

Then we can sell the list to a large corporation for lots of money to buy a giant pile of beer to drink after we work.

·
MFin' Princess
5,488 Posts
Fixation said:
If you'd like to be on the email list, just send a message to [email protected]
Email sent!

Fixation said:
Then we can sell the list to a large corporation for lots of money to buy a giant pile of beer to drink after we work.
I like your thinking ... you know, despite my fairly novice skills at shoveling, I'm a relative expert at buying beer. :D Looking forward to donating both capabilities to the cause later this summer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.