Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,726 Posts
Uncle Stinky said:
I happened to pick up a copy of that paper the issue this story was in it (kwinksadentally after I had just ridden Hogan). Pretty cool article, but I'd rather see something on a trail that 'regular' ol' people can ride, like Hogan! :thumbsup: I sent him an email inviting him to the Gathering at Hogan hoping maybe he'll do a little writeup on the trails there, but no reply yet.

Edit: Just heard back:

Hey Gary!

Thanks for the heads up. I would love to come over and check out the Hogan trails - unfortunately, I'm leaving for a job in Death Valley tomorrow morning and won't be back until Feb 22nd. After that, I have a few deadlining columns that will probably take me through March 2nd, and then I'm totally free to work on new stuff. I don't know if that's too late for you, but I'd love to get over there and shoot some pics around the second week in March.

I'm also writing a cover story for Central Sierra Seasons that includes a section on mountain biking. A course overview and some photos would be a great addition to that piece as well.

Let me know what you think, and sorry I'm going to miss your big ride on the 19th.

Dean.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Gary do not sell yourself short, I have ridden with both you and Lance and I am sure you would do fine on that trail. Just a very different type of trail, as I am sure you know. Hogan is hard to beat for a winter trail and much more accessible for all types of riders.

I haven't meet Dean yet but people that know him say he is a good egg. I have sent him some info and photos he used on an article he wrote about a climbing area at Bear valley. Get him to do something about Hogan and I am sure he will do a good job.
Cheers

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,726 Posts
Uncle Stinky said:
Gary do not sell yourself short, I have ridden with both you and Lance and I am sure you would do fine on that trail. Just a very different type of trail, as I am sure you know. Hogan is hard to beat for a winter trail and much more accessible for all types of riders.

I haven't meet Dean yet but people that know him say he is a good egg. I have sent him some info and photos he used on an article he wrote about a climbing area at Bear valley. Get him to do something about Hogan and I am sure he will do a good job.
Cheers
Hey, thanks- I've ridden that trail and it's not really my cup of homebrew. Ride up, ride down. :p

Good to hear about Dean. Bad eggs are stinky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts