Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new here and would like to ask about the dabomb mindbomb. I got it in 2003 and now the shock is gone :madman: So anyone here owns a mindbomb before? Could you advice me which aftermarket shock that is suitable for my frame? Thinking of getting the Fox DHX 5.0 but i dont know the size. Care to share? Thanks

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
What frame are you working with? Is the frame a Mindbomb or the shock? And I have never heard of a Mindbomb anything before. Got any pictures? The DHX is a great choice for upgrade, and they work on most frames. You just need to find the stroke and shock length needed for your frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. My frame is the Mindbomb and its from Dabomb. Its an old frame from the year 2003. Dabomb never made it anymore. you can check their website for new frames and parts at www.dabombbikes.com . My frame now is using the shock-works rear shock. Its comes stock when i buy the frame. The bad thing is the company is no more so its useless now if its broken. So how do i check the stroke and length of the shock to get a good replacement? My frame now has 8.1" travel. Thanks

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
O.K,.. I checked into this bike of yours. It looks like it would be an awesome sled. Also, an 8" travel shock is pretty easy to find once you get the numbers you need.

To find out what shock you need you must measure the eye to eye length of the origional shock. Measure from the center of each eyelet where the shock mounts go though. To find out what stroke you need you must take the shock off and remove the spring. Once the spring is off measure how far the piston retracts into the shock body. That is your stroke length. Stroke lengths are usually from 2.0" to 3.0". The only way to do this is to remove your spring. The stroke length is very important to know. If you get it wrong you bike will feel like poo when riding. Once you get those numbers you just find the shock that is that size. Fox has so many different size shocks so you should easily find one.
I hope this helps you.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the useful info sodak06. So if i wanna check the length eye to eye, I must do it with the shock piston fully stretched. Am i right? Sorry if i ask this stupid question:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: Just to make sure that i am doing right. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.