Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had so much fun w/ my Jet 9 set up SS http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=490558

I just had to get a Lenz Milk Money....first ride should happen this afternoon.
Quick Rundown on the Bike:
It is an XXL (25.25" TT) with 17.3" CS
Frame weight 5.9lbs
Complete bike weight as it sits 23.08lbs.
I have Formula R1s & Racing Ralphs to install and that should get it down in the 22lb range.

If it matters the Jet 9 SS was 24.75lbs.

Attachments

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
Very nicely done.

Mine weighs (ahem 28lbs cough) a bit more for a medium size. I will be interested in how it compares with the Jet.

·
Rohloff
1,600 Posts
I'm looking forward to a ride report. I'd like to know how it rides compared to the Jet9. Theoretically the Jet's suspension should be better but I like the no chain tensioner design. I've had thoughts of setting up my Rohloff Speedhub on a Milk Money. What did that thing cost?

·
Manufacturer
25 Posts
I only recently started working for Devin @ Lenz, but I currently own an '09 Jet. Rode the Milk Money today and I think they ride relatively similar. The Lenz has way better geometry and corners much more confidently, but my Jet is a very nice bike and I do not have any negative comments about. I have not run it as a SS so a true comparison would be hard.

If you want any additional information on the frame feel free to PM me or send me an email.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wow,

Both are fantastic looking rigs. I love the new ano colors Lenz is puttin out. Now that I can see the polished alu, it makes me want to strip the paint off my moth and start polishing! Very sharp. Looks vintage.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Lenz Sport Bicycles said:
Very nice! I love how the polished turned out, and a nice mix of parts for a very respectable weight. Here is the one I am currently riding.
Sweet bike. What stem are you running on that? Bontranger carbon?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
bsdc said:
I'm looking forward to a ride report. I'd like to know how it rides compared to the Jet9. Theoretically the Jet's suspension should be better but I like the no chain tensioner design. I've had thoughts of setting up my Rohloff Speedhub on a Milk Money. What did that thing cost?
I have the same thoughts... I was wondering how much better the regular Leviathan suspension is or the Milk $. If its not that noticable, this design is better for the Speedhub, plus no cable guides! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mikesee said:
Yeeeeeee haaaaaw!

Filthy ride pics and report next, please!
Mikesee - A quick thank you for spreading the Lenz love on here so much, I have learned a lot about the bikes. This is now my 2nd Lenz, had a Leviathan as well.
Enel - Thanks for your feedback on the Milk Money, made the decision to go MM a lot easier.

Okay now for the initial ride report, sorry no filthy pics yet:
I went out for a quick 1.5hr ride today and man was it a lot of fun. A few things I noticed about the frame/bike:
Solid - The frame has an incredibly solid feeling to it, not a hint of lateral flex coming from the frame at all (I am a 6'4" 205lb BikeSasquatch)....it is very confidence inspiring.

Pedaling - I started w/ the ProPedal on #2 in the parking lot...I rode w/ that for about 5 mins, then wide open the other 95% of the ride. I only felt the need to use the ProPedal when using the PopLoc up front for a couple smooth/longish standing climbs.

Suspension - great small bump compliance, very plush on the bigger hits, and because of the stiff frame very solid feeling. I didn't bounce around or deflect in the rock gardens. The frame stiffness actually seemed to make the suspension work better

I still need to get my position on the bike a little more dialed, and put in a few more rides, but I am very excited after the first ride....hopefully it isn't all just new bike buzz :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.