Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
yes that's a very good bike--particularly because of the Saint cranks and the Profile hub (P with wings). diamonback are not quite as trendy as some other brands, but their higher-end bikes are well-done.

diamondback 26 inch assault frame
single track sun rims
maxxis holy roller tires ( with a few extra set i will throw in)
manitou front fork
shimano deore xt front hub
dont know the brand of rear hub but was told it really good. it has a p scribed in it with wings
saint cranks with shimano chain wheel
ringle bars and stem with hayes brakes
chris kning head set
tru vativ seat post
shimano xtr rear deraileur
tioga pedals
this bike was built by a pro bmx rider who was a client of mine and i picked it up from him. because of his sponsors, he has all these killer parts at his disposal. i rode it a couple of seasons out at bootleg canyon and have maintained it very well, no major damage what so ever. i have a baby on the way and need some extra cash. call me with any further details or to see the bike for yourself. chris seven o two-six three five- seven two eight two.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went and picked it up a couple hours ago, i love it!! the brakes need a little work but everything works great. the bearings are good, everything is straight, couldnt find any cracks or signs of damage whatsoever to the frame. (i'm a certified crane boom inspector, finding cracks is my thing.) he said i just needed to adjust the cables for the brakes, theyre hydraulic, lol!! anyway i;m very happy with my purchase. i'll put up some better photos in a few minutes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got some photos of it to show off. just iPhone pics but theyre better than nothing. its got some paint overspray on it and some stickers that i need to clean off and like i said, the front brake needs work. i'm so happy to have this thing, its the first bike ive owned in 10yrs!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
overall that is a sweet score! Swap that fork out if you are going to be 'going big' though

The cranks and headset alone would set you back an easy $300.00 if bought new in a shop, add in the XTR derailleur and you've got your bike paid for

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I doubt I'll be going big anytime soon, it's been 10yrs since i last owned/rode a bike. I raced BMX up until Sr year in high school when I sold my bike to buy a Detroit locker for my suburban. So I'm a noob basically, it'll take me a while to get into shape or get comfortable with jumping. But I would like to get a new fork, eventually.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Thanks guys! I doubt I'll be going big anytime soon, it's been 10yrs since i last owned/rode a bike. I raced BMX up until Sr year in high school when I sold my bike to buy a Detroit locker for my suburban. So I'm a noob basically, it'll take me a while to get into shape or get comfortable with jumping. But I would like to get a new fork, eventually.
Regardless of a new fork (something a lot of people would probably enjoy) you will still likely love that bike. Have fun dude, and post some pics if you can when of it out on the trails.

Looks like you can change your signature now too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn, i forgot how much fun this stuff is and its coming back to me faster than i expected. i can tell my arm and leg strength isnt where it needs to be though, after a few miles even hopping up curbs is a challenge. haha!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.