Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received an Indy Fab 29er SS for Christmas. Because of work scheduling I was not able to get it out on the trail until today. Now one of my other bikes is a Titus Moto-lite which is a phenomonal bike in it's own right. But I found this 29er easier to handle and ride (except up hills) than the Titus. You guys were all right. The trail that I rode on was a little wet from rain a few days ago and the rocks and roots were slick. But with the 29" Rampages there was absolute traction everywhere. I could not make it lose grip. Up rocks, over roots, in the wet patches in the center of the trail, leaned into a turn, it just kept right on holding on. I've heard the saying, "as one". Well I think that me and the bike for a moment acheived that on a pretty steep downhill portion. Everything seemed to click. All of the descriptions about the bigger wheels rolling over roots and rocks easier was exactly right. The rock sections were nothing. At times on my Moto-lite the rocks tended to make the bike come to a stop. Not this bike. It just rolled on. The White Brothers Magic 29 fork was outstanding. And just three inches of travel. But they were three very plush inches of travel. No stiction. Instant response. And the Jones H-bar was awesome, the bend was totally unique. I can't wait to get this baby out again. (I did feel bad about getting it all muddy :eek: ) Just kidding. Here are some pictures of it in it's natural habitat. (I'm the clyde in the picture:D ) You guys were right about everything. I experienced no negative traits as others have stated.:cornut: I think maybe bigger is better:aureola: And by the way I was using a 34/20 gear

·
Banned
4,137 Posts
Hehe... comparing the moto-lite FS to the hardtail... Try that with a 26" hardy. It isn't going to happen.

You know things are rockin when you can do that with your 29er. I know the feeling too.

Enjoy!

And nice bike! Looks tough.

·
Registered
154 Posts
SWEET bike!

After riding 26" squishies for years I recently build myself a 29" SS-er using a secondhand GF Rig frame and a lot of nice parts.
Now I ride it all the time and find myself not using my other bikes that often anymore.
Riding 29" and singlespeed just is that much fun:)

I can imagine yours is a joy to ride to:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.