Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to invest in a better fork for my bike. I currently have the rock shox j1 which I believe has 100mm of travel. I want to get something with the same travel but how does the lock out work. I have found a few in my price range that have travel ranges from 80-130mm. If I lock it in 100mm will I still get a good perfromance from the shock over rocks & small drops?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Something to consider,
Your bike frame was designed for a fork with 100mm to give you optimal head angle.
I do know alot of riders that have upgraded to forks with more travel and liked the feel of the bike not to mention the extra travel but in most cases handling will suffer.
Yes,you could do most of your riding in 100mm then flip it to 130 for DH.

If i lock it in 100mm will i still get good performance over rocks and small drops?
Yes.

·
Got Trails?
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bird said:
Something to consider,
Your bike frame was designed for a fork with 100mm to give you optimal head angle.
I do know alot of riders that have upgraded to forks with more travel and liked the feel of the bike not to mention the extra travel but in most cases handling will suffer.
Yes,you could do most of your riding in 100mm then flip it to 130 for DH.

If i lock it in 100mm will i still get good performance over rocks and small drops?
Yes.
My biggest thing is making sure I get the most effective fork for my bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.