Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cap Smile Product Sleeve Photograph

During intense practice, Miguel was hit by a baseball on April 30th and it broke his eye socket. Mom rushed to Orange County where he plays for Chapman University, to get him the proper care for the injury. At the time, it was determined that the swelling was severe and it needed to subside for one week before surgery could be performed.

Comfort Room Jacket Service Plumbing fixture

And that's where we stand today. Miggy is resting, trying to recover for heal, for the next round of treatment. There is much uncertainty but he is surrounded by friends and teammates. Miggy has surprised all with his tenacity and dedication this year but they must now go on through the post-season without him.

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive exterior Automotive bicycle rack Cap Automotive lighting

Miggy has grown to be a young man we look up to and many wonder where he picked up his tall stature and uncanny appreciation of the people around him.
So please send him some support and healing vibes to help him overcome this obstacle in his great journey.

p.s. For me, I've had a tumor blocking my left ear for 4 months and it was surgically removed on May 1 so recovering at home. 2-week recovery and waiting for full biopsy results.
Room Bed Patient Comfort Hospital

xmas break
Helmet Bicycle helmet Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Recreation Sports equipment

·
Nobody
708 Posts
Lord, we ask ask for a blessing of health and healing to cover the Cebedo family. We thank you for all the support from friends and family and ask that all the positive energy keeps them in positive and upbeat through this trial in their life. Please allow both Miguel and Francis to come out stronger on the other side of this. In Jesus name, Amen.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, Fc, that's a tough break for both of you. My money in your case is on 'benign'. Your son is young, and he will recover perfectly, no doubt.
No worries!
Right on Radium. I'm 95% benign according to Stanford and UCSF. Just need the full clearance now.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just wondering, fc, but did you have any balance or vertigo issues with that?
A little bit. My tumor did not touch my eardrum, luckily. But it slowly blocked the canal and I had to adjust to that. Didn't affect my balance too much but I could not hear out of that side. Some days were better. But I was able to travel even.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Wish I was that lucky. My left ear does not have a tumor, but I have what amounts "idiopathic chronic labyrinthitis" which DOES make me susceptible to those events, and to a good degree, it's wrecked my life. There's still no satisfactory treatment for it, too.
Count yourself lucky.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
View attachment 1249876
During intense practice, Miguel was hit by a baseball on April 30th and it broke his eye socket. Mom rushed to Orange County where he plays for Chapman University, to get him the proper care for the injury. At the time, it was determined that the swelling was severe and it needed to subside for one week before surgery could be performed.

View attachment 1249877

And that's where we stand today. Miggy is resting, trying to recover for heal, for the next round of treatment. There is much uncertainty but he is surrounded by friends and teammates. Miggy has surprised all with his tenacity and dedication this year but they must now go on through the post-season without him.

View attachment 1249878

Miggy has grown to be a young man we look up to and many wonder where he picked up his tall stature and uncanny appreciation of the people around him.
So please send him some support and healing vibes to help him overcome this obstacle in his great journey.

p.s. For me, I've had a tumor blocking my left ear for 4 months and it was surgically removed on May 1 so recovering at home. 2-week recovery and waiting for full biopsy results.
View attachment 1249880

xmas break
View attachment 1249881
Hey fc, so sorry to read this. Bad strokes come always together, so it's over now, and it will all be good soon. You feel the good vibes coming, just crossing the pond??? Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.