Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride as much as life, work and weather allows. I am fortunate to have a really nice trail system of about 13 miles of singletrack 5 minutes from work. I can hit the trail get some miles in and still get home and have dinner ready before the wife gets out of work.

So, did you ride today?

Fat Guy on Fat Tires

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What a beautiful day to be in the woods on my bike! Hit Midland City Forest singletrack. 55 degrees, sunny and not to wet.

Glad I got out as the weatherman is calling for rain all next week

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Wheel
Nature Natural environment Tree Soil Forest
Natural environment Tree Forest Woodland Sunlight
Natural environment Forest Grove Woodland Sunlight

Fat Guy on Fat Tires

·
Snow Dog
3,777 Posts
beat me to it!!! Didn't get to ride this weekend due to finishing projects around the house and rain. Hope to add to this thread this coming weekend

·
Registered
Two wheels, handle bars
1,797 Posts
Cool Midwesterners have their own "Did you Ride" thread, now. We're expecting 4 inches of rain in the next two or three days, so bummer for us in Missouri. Hopefully next week is as dry as predicted.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
There was supposed to be 3-5 inches of snow on the ground Sunday morning. Got out to 0 inches. Had a great ride. Rained out of yesterday's ride. Probably rain out today, tomorrow and maybe Thursday. Oh well. gotta love MI weather.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wish! I just got my bike back from Bikeflights last night and having to ship out the fork today for a claim. UPS scratched it all to hell and back when I shipped it out to Phoenix for a week of riding in Sedona and Prescott. Never had that problem with FedEx when I used them.

Oh well, it's more time I have to build my trails in my backyard!

·
Snow Dog
3,777 Posts
sounds like we all are victims if the rain thing....with temps gettign into the 80's today, I sort of wish I was in MI with the snow chances....

hopefully trails around here will dry out for this weekend.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was hoping to post more since I started this thread but old Mother Nature is a fickle lady.

Did get out this afternoon after work for a ride. What an absolutely gorgeous day to be in the woods on a bike!
Club rides start next week so looks like no more excuses to get out and ride.

Natural environment Tree Trail Forest Soil

Fat Guy on Fat Tires

·
Snow Dog
3,777 Posts
work has had me at 14 hour days for the last 3 weeks straight, so I have been too dead to ride....plus all of the rain, plus on the last ride, I got a flat, and have not had time to deal with it....BUT, summer break starts next week, so that is all going to change...

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Missouri has been getting quite hounded with rain the past month or so, each day I am able to ride, the trails are muddy. Been doing a ton of spinning lately. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another good ride tonight after work. Slowly getting my legs back after a long winter of sitting on the couch filling my face. Lungs will take some more time. 7.5 miles of singletrack on a beautiful afternoon!

Tomorrow looks good for a ride. Thursday looks good too and looking for a high in the low 80s. Blue Yellow Text Orange Colorfulness

Fat Guy on Fat Tires
Central Michigan Mountain Bike Association
Salsa-Adventure by Bike

·
Snow Dog
3,777 Posts
Another good ride tonight after work. Slowly getting my legs back after a long winter of sitting on the couch filling my face. Lungs will take some more time. 7.5 miles of singletrack on a beautiful afternoon!

Tomorrow looks good for a ride. Thursday looks good too and looking for a high in the low 80s. View attachment 1252339

Fat Guy on Fat Tires
Salsa-Adventure by Bike
man, if you were sitting on the couch all winter, you missed the best time of year to ride!!! ;)

hope to get out this weekend as well...wish it was today. Beautiful fall day here in Ohio

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
man, if you were sitting on the couch all winter, you missed the best time of year to ride!!! ;)

hope to get out this weekend as well...wish it was today. Beautiful fall day here in Ohio
My winter weather past time has a track and two skis

Fat Guy on Fat Tires
Salsa-Adventure by Bike

·
Snow Dog
3,777 Posts
finally got a ride in yesterday after 3 weeks of work and rain killing any time I would have used

Local Yokel trails in the woods in the park b/c our legit trails are still closed
Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Plant community Bicycle fork Bicycle frame

Vegetation Nature Natural environment Green Leaf

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle

probably won't have legit trails open till July given the recent weather patterns

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ride 3-4 times a week. One of those times are with my girlfriend on bike paths (baby steps). I am slowly fitting an old bike for her and I doubt she will ever want to ride trails, but its ok. Perhaps we will get gravel bikes someday.

·
CEO Product Failure
2,126 Posts
Central Illinois. I've gotten 1 real MTB ride in this spring. It so freaking wet right now that my gravel bike leaves ruts on the gravel roads!:madman:
I feel your pain. Someone posted on FB that Comlara got 12"+ of rain in May. Ouch. Peoria's in the same shape. I'm not even sure if there's been a dry day to ride Palos since the freeze. I'm in StL and the trail conditions will tip to "yellow" one day out of ten. But as soon as the trails are remotely rideable---thunderstorms.

So I'm riding my road bike twice a week in between storms and riding my fat bike on pavement and gravel. I'm getting in 4-5 rides a week. Better than nothing but I'd really like to be on singletrack.

Oh, and the times I have been able to ride trails in May (3 times) the mosquitos are in rare form. All this water has increased the mosquito population incredibly.

Edited to add: I rode the fatty on pavement this morning. 19mi with a 14.5mph pace. Better than nothing. If you're in Peoria, tomorrow is the bike-n-brew pub crawl from noon-6pm.

·
Snow Dog
3,777 Posts
I ride 3-4 times a week. One of those times are with my girlfriend on bike paths (baby steps). I am slowly fitting an old bike for her and I doubt she will ever want to ride trails, but its ok. Perhaps we will get gravel bikes someday.
I am having to do this with my wife...she does not like "the wobbly feeling of dirt paths" right now. Also does not like falling, which is funny cause she was a professional figure skater back in the day(tired out for 88 and 92 Olympics, and did Ice CApades etc...)...I always chide her by saying: "how can you hate falling, that is all you did for the first 23 years of your life...ON ICE, WITH NO PADS..."

would like to get her on gravel eventually so we can bike pack. She likes to camp and all of that...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.