Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You gotta ride to keep from freezing :)

Good chance to gear-check for P36, see if you want to get off the fence or maybe get back on the fence

When: 1/22 @ 9:00 PM
Where: Coontree
What: 4-6 hours of dark fun in the woods

A few routes are in play, depending on weather, all choices include Bennett... bring a folding saw if you have one and we can do some trail-work as we go.
I'm hoping for some company :D For sure a few of these will show up.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't mind starting earlier but I've got to be at the Rec Center from 7:30 until 8:30 on Fridays for a while... Would love to have you along if you can make it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUMP ;)

Friday night looks like the best shot for a ride all weekend! Planned route is on a combination of known rideable single-track, gravel, and a finish down Bennett. Although I expect to get muddy I don't expect an epic slogfest. I am predicting it will be dark and foggy :D

Temps are supposed to stay above freezing and the rain is slowly pushing out.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the plan... subject to change.

I really wanted to try a midnight big nasty but the deadfall on the ridges just makes that rather extreme :madman: right now.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My predictions were 100% accurate! It was dark and it was foggy. Although the sky was filled with stars from Coontree to the top of Cove Creek. After the fog rolled in and Bennett was great, at in least the 3 ft. circle around me that I could see. Thanks for company all :thumbsup: We rolled through Cove Creek and there was a ginormous throw-down party going on. And BTW - the road up into Cove Creek is f'kd.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BUSTED!

Yes, I drove right past Coontree :bluefrown:

Yes, I did not bring moonpies, which is a foul of significant celestrial proportions. I have therefor changed my sig to one gear, no pies. When I actually deliver on the moonpie promise then I can put back the proper sig. The moonpies did however show their all-powerfulness by bringing clear skies and bright stars for half the ride. Right at the top of Cove Creek when extrmtao asked for a moonpie and I couldn't deliver the clouds rolled in :eek: Moonpies rule..... The fog was still a treat though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.