Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my steel crank bolts with something lighter. Due to availability I'm considering these (Extralite 12g):

Now Middleburn states in the manual that only bolts with washers are to be used. Now I'm a little confused, can I use the Extralite, do they have a washer, I can't really make it out on the picture. This may also just be some rubber seal.

·
The Missing
379 Posts
quax said:
I want to replace my steel crank bolts with something lighter. Due to availability I'm considering these (Extralite 12g):

Now Middleburn states in the manual that only bolts with washers are to be used. Now I'm a little confused, can I use the Extralite, do they have a washer, I can't really make it out on the picture. This may also just be some rubber seal.
From what I can tell there is a rubber O ring in that pic, So these should work.

·
Freezer
589 Posts
I just got a set of R7 cranks with an FSA ISIS BB. The FSA BB came with alloy crank bolts and steel washers. The steel washers provide a surface for the alloy bolt heads to seat. Absent the steel washers it looks like the alloy bolt head would seat on an irregular surface on the cranks and wear away at the bolt head/crank interface. You might just get the FSA alloy ISIS crank bolts with steel washers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.