Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Middleburn RS7 or RS8 cranks? I'm looking to run them in a double configuration with either their double-specific spider or their 5 bolt and regular rings. They have a couple of differnt ways to hit a 29/42 double.

I've seen them on chainreactioncycles.com, but would prefer to support my LBS- are they distributed in the US by anyone like QBP or Hawley?

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
MattyMTB said:
Has anyone used the Middleburn RS7 or RS8 cranks? I'm looking to run them in a double configuration with either their double-specific spider or their 5 bolt and regular rings. They have a couple of differnt ways to hit a 29/42 double.

I've seen them on chainreactioncycles.com, but would prefer to support my LBS- are they distributed in the US by anyone like QBP or Hawley?
I've got a set of the RS7 180mm cranks running them on a Duo 29/42 set on a 29"er. As far as US distribution....

Yes, they are distributed in the US by Mountain Bike Tandems.

Link is here: http://www.mtbtandems.com/Middleburn.html

If you must order from a US distributor, then you can forget the local LBS. Forget QBP. Forget Hawley. Call up Mountain Bike Tandems.:thumbsup:

What's wrong with chainreactioncycles.com? That US Dollar to the Pound conversion throwing a wrench in the transaction for you? ChainreactionCycles.com is a good company as well. Reality is, the Middleburns are as English as it gets - so don't be afraid of where you order the cranks from in the first place.

BB

·
Registered
832 Posts
RS7 Duo arived from CRC back in December, still waiting on a BB to put it together (when Middleburn says 113 for square they mean it, I tried 110, no dice.) All I can say is that it is a VERY nice looking piece of hardware.

CRC was great, shipped super fast, and their prices are some of the best I've ever seen.

·
MTB Tandem Nut
727 Posts
Kris said:
RS7 Duo arived from CRC back in December, still waiting on a BB to put it together (when Middleburn says 113 for square they mean it, I tried 110, no dice.) All I can say is that it is a VERY nice looking piece of hardware.

CRC was great, shipped super fast, and their prices are some of the best I've ever seen.
We match CRC's prices.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm too lazy to make sense of the pricing schema on the MTB Tandems site. What's a square taper 29/42 set go for?

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
GrantB said:
I'm too lazy to make sense of the pricing schema on the MTB Tandems site. What's a square taper 29/42 set go for?
Don't know about the MTB Tandem site, but Chainreaction.com says it.....

Should be about $288 for the square taper set with the Duo spider and outer ring (price includes chainring bolts, lockring and crank bolts). If you go with the hardcoat spider and outer ring, add about $10.

MTB Tandems should be able to match that price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.