Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been discussing fatbikes with Middleburn.

Middleburn RS8 X-type cranks will be available in 100mm in a few months.

I'll post it here when there's a date.

·
How much does it weigh?
1,169 Posts
Sweet!

I appreciate their quality... but I've always wondered about their stiffness?

Lots of trials riders use them, and they just look downright scary to me because of their shape.. looks flexy.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That's great, those look like some fine cranks. Nice versatility with the spider options. Now if only someone would make some more 4" tires.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
icecreamjay said:
That's great, those look like some fine cranks. Nice versatility with the spider options. Now if only someone would make some more 4" tires.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Albany West Oz
290 Posts
I have them on all my bikes, wasn't happy with the shifting on my triple at first but it after a few miles it was perfect. As for flex, well I don't notice any, I have 7s and 8s.

This is a trials set up that I really like on my Fatbike, I can't imagine trial riders would want flex!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Any idea what the 100 mm Middleburn cranks and BB will weight? Will they have a intregrated spindle? How about Q factor for a fatbike?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buggymancan said:
Any idea what the 100 mm Middleburn cranks and BB will weight? Will they have a intregrated spindle? How about Q factor for a fatbike?
That information will only be available when they're actually available.

Anything Middleburn produce is top quality.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Middleburn

Sweet!

I appreciate their quality... but I've always wondered about their stiffness?

Lots of trials riders use them, and they just look downright scary to me because of their shape.. looks flexy.
I've got RS7's on my Wildfire, since 2007. No issues with flex. They are also popular on tandems.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a pair of 100mm X-types, no chain ring though, no frame to put them on either.

They do look nice though.

·
Fat & Single
4,176 Posts
I have a pair of 100mm X-types, no chain ring though, no frame to put them on either.

They do look nice though.
Run them 1 x 9/10 and get a HBC single ring, thats what i run on my singlespeed and intend to do when get a set of those 100mm. I already have the 4 bolt spider so only need the crank arms ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts