Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just went to middleburn website, there is a "road coming soon" under cranks section.
Is this the one?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Middleburn's extrenal BB cranks have been coming out this month for three years now. Interbike 2009 was supposedly a very likely debut for them, but the didn't appear.

The road section has been on their site for several years also.

Let's put it this way: They made a front hub, then delayed the matching rear hub by over two years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I meant Eurobike, not Interbike.

Nice find, none of the major websites had this, and the journalists I asked said they hadn't seen it.

Looks like an early prototype, possibly without the axle being fixed to either crank (coupling visible on non-drive side, yet self-extracting crank bolt on drive side?).

·
Registered
105 Posts
That angle makes me more suspicous it's just a rough-finished ISIS crankset, you can clearly see the coupling on both sides.

The only reason I can imagine for having a coupling at both sides would be to facilitate the changing of axles to facilitate the usage of the minimum Q-factor for a given BB size or multi-ring setup.

·
Registered
169 Posts
From Middleburn themselves:

" To Rob all going well they will be available in the next 10 days time CRC should have them very soon after that date. From Matthew. "

·
Registered
47 Posts
Smart Sam said:
From Middleburn themselves:

" To Rob all going well they will be available in the next 10 days time CRC should have them very soon after that date. From Matthew. "
awesome! can't wait for the weight on these, hopefully a decent alternative to carbon and hopefully not a million miles off on weight either.

·
yorkshire mud monkey
186 Posts
sorry to hijack but i emailed middleburn about a spider for a xtr-dh chainring and they said we dont do one we only do them for normal xtr bcd sizes, i asked if they could get a price for a one off as it would only be a case of changing the cnc sizes, reply was oh we only do 104bcd but hay thats no good.... to get customers the company need good customer service,and even if they said no we cant do one but heres a place that can, that would have been a good start. now i just cant be bothered in dealing with them even for a chainring or anything. sorry rant over.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
sausagedog said:
sorry to hijack but i emailed middleburn about a spider for a xtr-dh chainring and they said we dont do one we only do them for normal xtr bcd sizes, i asked if they could get a price for a one off as it would only be a case of changing the cnc sizes, reply was oh we only do 104bcd but hay thats no good.... to get customers the company need good customer service,and even if they said no we cant do one but heres a place that can, that would have been a good start. now i just cant be bothered in dealing with them even for a chainring or anything. sorry rant over.
I don't think the problem they are having is coming up with customers. They can't keep up with the demand for the products that they do offer, so there is really no way for them to justify doing a one off spider for you.
Try emailing Shimano to make you a one off spider:skep: It just doesn't make any sense.

·
yorkshire mud monkey
186 Posts
they should put notice up on the website saying soory for the delay, its the fact that i emailed a company that couldnt be arsed with joe public,if i was someone big in mt biking iam sure they would jump at me, i asked if they could do one. ok they cant but come on sure someone they know can.... lets take hope for a moment i asked about doing my calipers red,what was the reply no but they helped me and told me about a guy that does orange bikes anodizing.thats hows a company should be iam in retail and if i was like them i wouldnt have many customers its going that extra mile.years ago in bike industry everyone helped anyone now thats all gone, its all about £££££

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.