Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing who on the board was from the inner tennessee parts. I am from Murfreesboro very close to nashville, so anyone who would like to get together possibly and ride feel free.

Jeremy

·
enjoying the kool-aid
779 Posts
I know this is an old message but I'm going to reply anyhow...

I live in Mid town Nashville and try to ride as much as I can. (Sometimes a few days a week sometimes I don't get out for a few weeks cus of work)

I'm also interested in meeting more people who ride around here as my current riding buddies bail a lot.

Hit me up if you want for a ride ... greg_lawrence10/AT/hotmail/DOT/com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mid Tenn guys

Would love to get some of you out to help us with the ongoing trail building at Montgomery Bell State Park because we always get a pretty large ride in after we come back from lunch. And if you haven't checked em out lately there is some pretty nice stuff to be had out there! We'll be out there tommorrow (Oct 31st) at 8:00am at the parking lot if you want to come pitch a tool with us. If you need directions just check this sites trail review section and they are current. Hope to get a ride in witch ya's! :cool:

·
Registered
123 Posts
...also from Murfreesboro. I ride with Cake, Stumpy and some others now. It seems like we can usually get 5 to 8 riders out on the weekends.

SwankMotee, you guys only work on Sunday mornings. I am with the church every Sunday till at least 10:30.

I rode Montgomery Bell with group the very first day it offically opened and once a couple of weeks ago. I don't get out that way much.

·
I like Squishy Bikes
1,100 Posts
Hola

M'boro here :D

Still somewhat spoiled from living in Asheville NC for a year
(nothing like having a National Forest in your backyard) .
Usually ride solo...a "social" rider (aka slow :D)
Over Time at work is kicking my flabby arse!
Hooking up for some rides sounds cool.
Especially since I havent tried Monty Bell yet.

·
meow?
175 Posts
swankmotee: I am with EZ, I don't get out of church until 12:15 or so.

Hollis: I am also a "social" rider I guess... seems like it takes me forever to get to the end of a ride, I'm about 25 lbs over weight and have the lungs of a 80 year old smoker.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its cool to see you guys have replied...The sad thing is after my sixth shoulder dislocation I am getting some surgery done on the 22nd of this month. With that said I will be out for a while(approx. 4 Months) But will definatley be up for some tues/Thurs rides in the morning hours and always sunday morning. I usually ride Lock 4, or go to The Sewanee area. Hit me up if your interested.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Montgomery Bell Trailwork continued...................

I'll be back out there this Sunday the 14th of Nov at 8:00am and would love to get all you Mid-Tenn guys out to help open some NEW trail! The new section is going to be really tough if you want a challenge and hope you will help me get the LEAD out to get it up and running! We will definitely ride after lunch! 316-9417 if you need more info! :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just outside of M'boro here. Gorgeous area with some good climbs and natural technical features.....lotsa' limestone ledges, sinkholes, game trails and such. The wildlife is unbelievable. Saw a red fox, turkey, deer, and timber rattler this year. In season, I ride daily on nearby roads and trails. Lately, its down to a couple times a week. I get to Chickasaw with friends a couple times a year but 99% of the time I'm solo riding and rushing out my garage to get an hour in before sunset.
Anybody close enough, give me a shout.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Woodbury, Cannon Co, Home of Short Mountain.

I'm Wade. wade__AT__heartoftn.net

I ride Fall Creek Falls, FSF, St. Andrews, 4-wheeler trails around here, and roads.

I race for beer. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the Murfreesboro area, and used to ride a LOT, but the past few years I've been riding horses instead of bikes. I would love to do some x-c again! I primarily rode at Hamilton Creek and Fairview. I think a group of us went down to Sewannee once, but I don't hink I could find the trailhead again. Where are Lock 4 and Montgomery Bell? I'd love to check those out.

After living in East TN most of my life, and having several great trails nearby, I was disappointed when I first came to middle TN, as the only places I knew to go were Fairview and HC. Sounds like there are some new places to ride. Gee, I feel totally out of the loop...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts