Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Crawlin' like a Crawfish!
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a ride! It was the first time I have ever rode there and was my first race in sport class. Vet sport that is. What a course to do for the first time after moving up. I finished 17th in that class, but really, just getting through that sucker was great!
I'll probably end up doing it again next year.
The race is very well ran and the Douthat Park is fantastic. Great Fun!

·
Registered
118 Posts
It WAS awesome.

zoo00oom said:
What a ride! It was the first time I have ever rode there and was my first race in sport class. Vet sport that is. What a course to do for the first time after moving up. I finished 17th in that class, but really, just getting through that sucker was great!
I'll probably end up doing it again next year.
The race is very well ran and the Douthat Park is fantastic. Great Fun!
Ditto on the ride.
Although I've owned a mountain bike for years I'm quite new to actual mountain biking. That course sure put the mountain in mountain biking, and the single in single track. The scenery, when I had the nerve to take my eyes off the trail, was magnificent. My first time up there (I'm an old fat flatlander) and was glad to finish the course. I've got some pics I'll post shortly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Those pictures are great, thanks for posting!

I didn't race this year but rode the course Friday, Saturday and Sunday and remembered why Douthat is my favorite place to ride on the east coast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.