Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
squish sent me this pic from the BHFTF this past summer. id never seen it before and the stoke is mostly my own im sure. i grew some and tried a gap jump. actually there was a small series of these rangin from this 5/6 footer to some half as big. it was a good day and were goin back to party with sparrow in a cpl weeks.

Attachments

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
cactuscorn said:
squish sent me this pic from the BHFTF this past summer. id never seen it before and the stoke is mostly my own im sure. i grew some and tried a gap jump. actually there was a small series of these rangin from this 5/6 footer to some half as big. it was a good day and were goin back to party with sparrow in a cpl weeks.
Nice stuff CC, good to see some more piccs oh u and blue monty;)

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
CC, that little jump line has evolved a bit since www.bhfattirefestival.com !! We got it extended down that bulldozer cut. That means a couple more good berm/wall rides a step down and another step up. You'll giggle and ride it over and over and over....

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet! we are so lookin fwd to this road trip! gawd we need it. our trails got rained out again last weekend and this week looks no better. josh wants to pick up a amp for his new project while were out there so i hope ya have some in stock. im workin on gettin some more folks to join us but nuthins in stone. see ya the night of the 19th.

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Air is air as long as the landing works out, this one didn't end so well.

Sparrow, I'm looking forward to seeing all the work that's been done to the trails out there by you and your crew. I might have something a little more, shall we say...worthy, of the trails out there. And hopefully it won't leave me with a $300+ repair bill this time!!

See ya in a couple of weeks.

happy trails...

squish

Attachments

·
1,575 Posts
eh, what the heck a few more. Tom caught a lot of air on this trip, and did with it a grin on his face!!

The little red tag in the second pic says "Remove Before Flight" I think we forgot!!

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes indeedy doo didily! squish tested the limits of a burner and found them. that landing sounded like a building collapse when he overshot the landing. ouch! however, his skills grew yet again. this trip should give him the opportunity to more than eclipse what hes learned in the last year since thc now that his non burner is on the way.

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
Been using child slave labor...

... with the return of cool weather, and slower days at the shop, we've been trying to hit back up the "feature of the week". That is, improve or build one drop, jump, skinny, berm, etc a week as long as the weather holds. Fun riding is the result, one feature at a time! Here's a shot of the work crew:

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
trailadvent said:
Is this Brian Lopes
i know, its easy to get our styles confused but really, thats just me. lopes hasnt ridden a turner, in public, for what... 4 years now?

·
1,575 Posts
I like yer plan there sparrow, cept round here there aren't any features to build, fix or improve upon, unless you count 3 foot deep ruts in the middle of the trail and a parks and rec dept that won't reroute!! Eh, what can you do.

happy trails...

squish

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i thought this weekend was "take a kid riding day", "not enslave our youth month". ya need to update yer shops on line calender. oh, and get the little brat some bigger eqipment. at that rate his labor will only cover 1/2 a bowl of rice a day and i know you could get 3 or 4 times that outta most of em.

·
HIKE!
1,657 Posts
Squish, you could make that rut 4 feet deep with a little effort!

CC, yeah, the "take a kid biking" is a rouse to get more, ummm, volunteers conscripted.

We'll stop to shoot many photos when you get out to ride this month.

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
were countin on it buddy. its gonna be a fine time! im tryin to get some of the front rangers to join us.

·
1,575 Posts
I'm sitting here bouncing in my seat I'm so stoked for this ride, I just hope my camera will last long enough to get through the trip. It's got issues...

sparrow, I would love to dig that rut deeper, but by the end of next year we'd be riding in china, and the only bikes that would make it down the hill would be that bloody 36er!!

happy trails...

squish

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if i wasnt stuck at work at 10:30pm id be jumpin too. so whats the eta on the amp holder? ive got my old olympus if ya wanna use it ir just grab my cannon. no... wait... HEY! oh nevermind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts