Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i currently have a frreride hardtails and will think about upgrading to full sus in the near future. Can any of you guys tell about a decent 140-160 mm frame that would be suitable for dh,jumps and freeride sort of stuff. If you know of sweet frames also post pics. cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts
that is like the range with the most bikes apart from hard tails.
ur options aplenty. some to list...
giant reign
oneghost wakizashi and genken
knolly DT
intense uzzi
canfield anything
trek scratch
scott voltage fr 20
rocky mountain slayer
iron horse mkIII
banshee wildcard etc.. lots
transition
soul cycles matador
for larger travel i like
karpiel disco volante

·
i like rocks
1,606 Posts
dirtwhip said:
I wanted a bottlerocket until I saw these. http://www.scottusa.com/us_en/product/8285/44806/voltage_fr_10 Mmmmmmmmm tasty. Comes in 3 different pricepoints as well.
your joking right? that thing is fugly.

bottlerocket. i have a 1st gen, still love it like the day i bought it. been 100% trouble free except when i sent it careening into a tree and dented the toptube. rode it for 2 more weeks, TBC sold me a new front at a VERY reasonable price.

its affordable, durable, dialed geo, pedals good enough to be an am bike, dang good looking and backed up by an A+ group of fellas. theres a reason (or several) why so many people have them and why so many people rave about them.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Jhanney said:
that is like the range with the most bikes apart from hard tails.
ur options aplenty. some to list...
giant reign
oneghost wakizashi and genken
knolly DT
intense uzzi
canfield anything
trek scratch
scott voltage fr 20
rocky mountain slayer
iron horse mkIII
banshee wildcard etc.. lots
transition
soul cycles matador
for larger travel i like
karpiel disco volante
Ironhorse 6point, not the mkiii (known failure mode of rear triangle)

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Bottle Rockets come in at £1300 give or take, the uk importer's Surf Sales. You'll have to check their site for your nearest place to get Transition bikes.

Before you fork out for one though, get yourself a test ride on an Orange Blood and a Mythic Wildcard, slightly different takes on a similar theme. Not saying either will be better than a BR, but you never know...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
euroford said:
your joking right? that thing is fugly.
nothing like a balanced sensible opinion - thanks for stopping by :rolleyes:

br's are excellent. Nice and tight and flickable and a sound choice. The Voltage is well worth considering too and has the right geo to make a sensible option - seems to have tons of tunability with different head angles and travel options so well worth considering. Might allow you to cover a wider variety of terrain than the BR. ive seen them set up with single crown and dual crown 40's. Not many frames give you that range of options. 140 - 180mm of travel.

Downhill

FR

Jump

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.